- Elevated between 740 m and 863 m, the Ski Resort is among the 3 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Thuringia. The vertical drop from summit to base is 123 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Germany is 215 m. Runs and slopes are therefore relatively short.
- The day pass at Frauenwald am Rennsteig is €19 making it one of the 10 cheapest ski Resorts in Thuringia.
- Frauenwald am Rennsteig is among the 10 best rated Ski Resorts in Thuringia.
- It is among the 5 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Thuringia.
- Season starts on 16 Dec and ends on 18 Mar (92 days). Average season duration in Germany is 95 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (16 Dec to 18 Mar) is 15 cm at summit elevation and 13 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during December, offering an average snow depth of 16 cm at summit elevation and 14 cm at the base. Therefore Frauenwald am Rennsteig is among the 5 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Thuringia.
- Frauenwald am Rennsteig features 2 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Germany is 4 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 1 sunny days.
- Offering 1 km of slopes and terrain, Frauenwald am Rennsteig is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in Thuringia.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Snowphone+49 (0)36782 61307
Average snow depth of the last years (Summit)
Lighted runs: 1 km
Number toboggan runs: 2
Toboggan run lighted
Infrastructure & Rental
Cross Country Lessons
Cross Country Ski Rental