- Offering 1 mile of slopes and terrain, Frauenwald am Rennsteig is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in Thuringia.
- It is among the 10 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Thuringia.
- Elevated between 2428 ft and 2831 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 3 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Thuringia. The vertical drop from summit to base is 404 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Germany is 715 ft. Runs and slopes are therefore relatively short.
- Season starts on Jan 12 and ends on Mar 31 (78 days). Average season duration in Germany is 87 days.
- Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 13 " at summit elevation and 9 " at the base. This makes Frauenwald am Rennsteig the ski resort with the best snow conditions in Thuringia.
- Frauenwald am Rennsteig features 24 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Germany is 24 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 12 sunny days.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Snow Making Machines: 9
Snowphone+49 (0)36782 61307
Average snow depth of the last years (Summit)
Lighted runs: 0.62 miles
Number toboggan runs: 2
Toboggan run lighted
Infrastructure & Rental
Cross Country Lessons
Cross Country Ski Rental