The 41 kilometers of slopes in the Hochoetz ski area are especially suitable for beginners and families. This is because, with the exception of two slopes, all runs are assigned to the blue or...
Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Masks mandatory in all lifts and ski buses
- Visitor management in waiting areas (keep your distance)
- Restrictions on lift capacity
- Lift tickets available online
- Masks mandatory at restaurants, ski rental and shops
- No Après Ski
- Staff testing on regular basis
- Corona test sites in the village
- Daily disinfection measures
The Ski Resort
The Hochoetz ski area is the family ski area in the Ötztal valley. Both beginners and advanced skiers and snowboarders alike will enjoy the 41 kilometres of pistes with guaranteed snow. 13 lifts take winter sports enthusiasts from the valley stations Oetzerberg and Ochsengarten to the pistes, which is located between 1,400 and 2,300 metres above sea level.
Especially the kids are quite big in the Hochoetz ski area. Three Kids Parks with fun obstacles are run by the four local ski schools. Here, the kids can learn the ABC of winter sports together with the mascot WIDI and try their first attempts on the boards. A highlight for small nature researchers is the children's trail "On the tracks of wild animals". Along the easy pistes there are various native animals hidden with great information boards to discover. For lunch we will of course go to the children's restaurant at Hochoetz, which offers delicious food and a play corner. The little ones are in good hands at the Hochoetz kindergarten, while their parents explore the ski area on the boards. On Wednesdays, a children's theatre is also always performed here. The slightly bigger ones will experience pure action in the WIDI Kids Park directly below the Balbachsessessesslift. Kids, beginners and freestyle fans can improve their skills and show the latest tricks on different kickers, funboxes and on the wave track.
If you want to experience pure deep snow feeling on unpaved pistes, you can wave fresh powder on three kilometres of ski routes. And with the "Wetterkreuzbahn" (weather crossing railway) the winter sports enthusiasts can reach the viewing platform "Zugspitzblick", which opens up a wonderful panorama of the surrounding mountains.
From the day ticket on, Hochoetz ski passes are also valid for the ski area in Kühtai.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 4856 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 2359 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long. The high point of the ski resort is located at an elevation of 7546 ft.
- Average snow depth during the season is 66 " at summit elevation and 15 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 72 " at summit elevation and 20 " at the base.
- Hochoetz features 53 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 48 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 19 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 10 sunniest in Tyrol.