- It is among the 5 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Saxony.
- Elevated between 2477 ft and 2638 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 10 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Saxony. The vertical drop from summit to base is 161 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Germany is 702 ft. Runs and slopes are therefore relatively short.
- Season starts on Dec 13 and ends on Mar 10 (87 days). Average season duration in Germany is 80 days.
- The day pass at Rotterhang in Schellerhau is €8 making it one of the 15 cheapest ski Resorts in Germany.
- During the season (from Dec 13 till Mar 10) the average snow depth at Rotterhang in Schellerhau is 12 ". Snow coverage is usually best during January, offering an average snow depth of 14 " at summit elevation and 0 " at the base.
- Rotterhang in Schellerhau features 17 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Germany is 24 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 8 sunny days.
The Ski Resort
The Rotterhang in Schellerhau is especially suitable for families and beginners. A rope lift takes skiers and snowboarders up the mountain, where the 350-metre long easy descent starts. Various ski and snowboard courses are offered for beginners and the very youngest learn the ABCs of winter sports in the bambini ski courses. If you don't have your own equipment, you can rent the necessary accessories at the ski and board rental on site.
Thanks to the floodlight system, night skiing is also possible here. The Rotterhang lift is open during the week from 13 to at least 18 hrs. On weekends the operation starts already at 10 am. During the Christmas and winter holidays (Saxony, Berlin, Brandenburg, Thuringia) the lift is open daily from 10.00 am.
To warm up after a successful day on the slopes, there is the Café Rotter, located below the base station.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Infrastructure & Rental
From Freiberg you drive along the Frauensteiner Straße in the direction of Weißenborn and then to Frauenstein. There you turn right over the market onto Teplitzer Straße and after the Edeka turn left onto the S184. Follow the road for about five kilometres and then turn left onto Schönfelder Weg. In Schönfeld follow the main road until the turn-off Am Rennberg and continue to Oberpöbel. There, turn left onto Pöbeltalstraße and after two kilometers keep right onto Forstbergweg. Then only drive through Bärenfels and follow the main road to Schellerhau.
From Dresden take the B170 towards Dippoldiswalde and follow it to Bärenfels. There you turn right into the village, drive to the end of Bärenstraße and at the crossing turn left onto Böhmische Straße. Then you only go straight on to Schellerhau.