Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Masks mandatory in all lifts and ski buses
- Lift tickets available online
- Masks mandatory at restaurants, ski rental and shops
- Daily disinfection measures
The Ski Resort
Super Sauze was the first village ever that opened up to snow sports in the southern Alps. Nowadays, the area has very much developed to a fully-fledged skiing area offering 65 km (40 mi) of slopes all between 1400 and 2450 m (1530 and 2680 yd) difference in altitude. All 37 ski-runs are suitable for beginners.
Skiing vacations in Sauze Super Sauze are especially suitable for families. There are special offers for the lift pass and child care on-site. And what is more, there is a family runway, too. On the slope, which leads through a forest, signboards will inform you about the safety rules for skiing. At the end of the runway, you have the chance to buy some souvenirs either at the tourist information centre or at the lift cash desks.
In addition, there is a permanent giant slalom race track. You can test your racing qualities on a 1000 m (1094 yd) long race course. In the snow park, which is 6.5 ha (16 ac) large, free styling lovers of snow sports can practice their skills using facilities such as the boardercross, the half pipe, numerous boxes and rails.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 3445 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in France is 2644 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long. The high point of the ski resort is located at an elevation of 8038 ft.
- Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 73 " at summit elevation and 26 " at the base.