- Offering 40 miles of slopes and terrain, Super Sauze is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur.
- Super Sauze is among the 10 best rated Ski Resorts in Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur.
- It is among the 10 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 3445 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in France is 2782 ft. The high point of the ski resort is located at an elevation of 8038 ft.
- Season starts on Dec 15 and ends on Apr 14 (120 days). Average season duration in France is 112 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Dec 15 to Apr 14) is 73 " at summit elevation and 12 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 83 " at summit elevation and 24 " at the base.
- Super Sauze features 86 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in France is 68 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 25 sunny days.
The Ski Resort
Super Sauze was the first village ever that opened up to snow sports in the southern Alps. Nowadays, the area has very much developed to a fully-fledged skiing area offering 65 km (40 mi) of slopes all between 1400 and 2450 m (1530 and 2680 yd) difference in altitude. All 37 ski-runs are suitable for beginners.
Skiing vacations in Sauze Super Sauze are especially suitable for families. There are special offers for the lift pass and child care on-site. And what is more, there is a family runway, too. On the slope, which leads through a forest, signboards will inform you about the safety rules for skiing. At the end of the runway, you have the chance to buy some souvenirs either at the tourist information centre or at the lift cash desks.
In addition, there is a permanent giant slalom race track. You can test your racing qualities on a 1000 m (1094 yd) long race course. In the snow park, which is 6.5 ha (16 ac) large, free styling lovers of snow sports can practice their skills using facilities such as the boardercross, the half pipe, numerous boxes and rails.