Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Masks mandatory in all lifts and ski buses
- Visitor management in waiting areas (keep your distance)
- Lift tickets available online
- Masks mandatory at restaurants, ski rental and shops
- No Après Ski
- Daily disinfection measures
The Ski Resort
Santa Caterina is a “white paradise” where the blue sky and the white snow make a grand winter scene. Ski lifts that go to an altitude of 2900 metres with slopes always perfectly covered in snow, thanks also to a modern programmed snow installation system skiing can be assured from December to April. The 15 km cross-country track winds through thick coniferous woodlands amidst a fairy-tale landscape with both tourist and competitive trails. The small tranquil village of Santa Caterina with hardly any traffic is the ideal place for a family holiday.
- Elevated between 5577 ft and 9843 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 10 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Italy. The vertical drop from summit to base is 4265 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Italy is 2710 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Average snow depth during the season is 40 " at summit elevation and 14 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during January, offering an average snow depth of 47 " at summit elevation and 14 " at the base. Therefore Santa Caterina Valfurva is among the 5 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Lombardy.
- Santa Caterina Valfurva features 75 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Italy is 70 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 22 sunny days.