Since 1957 Saint Lary Soulan has been offering the perfect location for some skiing fun in the Pyrenees. The skin area easily impresses with its 100 km (62 mi) of ski trails and 55 runways. From the cosy and picturesque village Saint-Lary one will only travel 8 minutes to the ski resort by gondola.
The area is subdivided into three segments. There are runways of any level of difficulty, so that anyone will find the ski-run suitable to their level of skiing or snowboarding.
Saint-Lary 1700 is particularly suitable for beginners and families. One can comfortably learn how to ski here, run through an obstacle course, and use the sled run.
Saint-Lary 1900 is more suitable for advanced skiers. Numerous ski trails will not fail to make you enjoy your time. The famous Mirabelle ski-run is located here, too. With a length of 3.6 km (2.2 mi) it is one of the longest in the Pyrenees.
In the third section, Saint-Lary 2400, snowboarders and free stylers will find a snow park at the top station Col du Portet. The snow park itself offers many challenging obstacles. There are six experts taking care of the park each day. An own ski lift will save you some time and the live music usually being offered here will certainly cheer you up. And the chill out area offers space to relax and have a short break.
Around 45 % of the area are facilitated with snow cannon systems, just in case there is no sufficient natural snow supply.
- Elevated between 1,700 m and 2,515 m, the Ski Resort is among the 3 highest elevated Ski Resorts in the Pyrenees. The vertical drop from summit to base is 815 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in France is 881 m.
- Saint Lary Soulan is the the best rated ski resort in the Pyrenees.
- It is among the 5 most family-friendly ski Resorts in the Pyrenees.
- Season starts on 3 Dec and ends on 17 Apr (135 days). Average season duration in France is 120 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (3 Dec to 17 Apr) is 128 cm at summit elevation and 58 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 168 cm at summit elevation and 99 cm at the base. Therefore Saint Lary Soulan is among the 3 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in the Pyrenees.
- Saint Lary Soulan features 84 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in France is 84 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 20 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 10 sunniest in the Pyrenees.
- Offering 100 km of slopes and terrain, Saint Lary Soulan is the largest ski resort in the Pyrenees.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Snow Making Machines: 290
Snowphone+33 (0)5 62 39 53 66
Average snow depth of the last years (Summit)
Length: 3 km
Vertical Drop: 0 m
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Bars and Pubs: 3
Dining and Restaurants
Infrastructure & Rental
Cross Country Ski Rental
Backcountry Ski Rental
Ski Rental Shops
Ski Rentals Saint Lary Soulan (6)