The Ski Resort
Roundhill is situated in the heart of the Mackenzie Country in the South Island of New Zealand, and provides the perfect setting for a relaxing day skiing or snowboarding on our gentle, undulating hill. Just 30 minutes drive from the lakeside alpine village of Tekapo, Roundhill has everything on offer for your spectacular winter alpine get-away nestled in the Southern Alps of New Zealand.
- Offering 1359 acres of slopes and terrain, Roundhill Ski Area - Lake Tekapo is among the 3 largest Ski Resorts in New Zealand.
- Roundhill Ski Area - Lake Tekapo is among the 3 best rated Ski Resorts in Canterbury.
- Elevated between 4429 ft and 6998 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 3 highest elevated Ski Resorts in New Zealand. The vertical drop from summit to base is 2569 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in New Zealand is 1545 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Snow coverage is usually best during September, offering an average snow depth of 38 " at summit elevation and 22 " at the base. Therefore Roundhill Ski Area - Lake Tekapo is among the 5 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in New Zealand.
- Roundhill Ski Area - Lake Tekapo features 23 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in New Zealand is 18 sunny days. August is the sunniest month with an average of 11 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 3 sunniest in New Zealand.