- Offering 14 miles of slopes and terrain, Rokytnice nad Jizerou is among the 5 largest Ski Resorts in the Czech Republic.
- Rokytnice nad Jizerou is among the 10 best rated Ski Resorts in the Czech Republic.
- Elevated between 2156 ft and 4314 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 3 highest elevated Ski Resorts in the Czech Republic. The vertical drop from summit to base is 2159 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the Czech Republic is 823 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Season starts on Dec 21 and ends on Mar 29 (99 days). Average season duration in the Czech Republic is 100 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Dec 21 to Mar 29) is 31 " at summit elevation and 19 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 38 " at summit elevation and 24 " at the base. Therefore Rokytnice nad Jizerou is among the 15 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in the Czech Republic.
- Rokytnice nad Jizerou features 25 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the Czech Republic is 27 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 14 sunny days.
The Ski Resort
Rokytnice ski area is part of Czechia´s largest ski resort SKIREGION.CZ and is located in the western part of the Giant Mountains. All in all the ski area offers 16 km of trails. Here´s something for everyone no matter if beginner, intermediate or expert. The trails are characterized by their perfect grooming and their variety. Gentle beginner slopes, wide open trails vor carving and steep challenging terrain - you will find it all at Rokytnice nad Jizerou! 28 surface lifts and two chair lifts are in service giving skiers and snowboarders a quick ride uphill. The lift called Lysa measures 2,198 meters and is the second longest lift in the Czech Republic. Cross country skiers have access to a network of 60km of cross country tracks. Beginners can choose from several ski schools that offer a great variety of programs. Yet, even if you´re not a skier you can have lots of fun at Rokynice nad Jizerou. Here you have the opportunity to go snowtubing! You don´t need any experience for snowtubing, just hop on your tube and off you go!