The Ski Resort
RED Mountain is the last great, unspoiled resort. Located in Rossland, BC, along Canada´s famous Powder Highway, RED delivers 2,877 acres of pristine skiing unfettered by overdevelopment. In 2013-14, we added nearly 1,000 acres of mostly-intermediate terrain on Grey Mountain, making RED yet more family-friendly and uncrowded. For 2014-15, we continue our unique offering of (cheap!) in-bounds cat skiing on the flanks of stunning Mt. Kirkup. With 300"/7.6m of annual snowfall, wide-open groomed runs, epic vertical (2,919ft/890m!), in-bounds cat-skiing, 360 degree descents off select peaks, a rich tradition, and the best tree runs on earth, it´s no wonder The New York Times voted us their #8 "Best Place in the World to Visit in 2013". RED´s other recent accolades include #1 in Powder´s "Ski Town Throwdown," and "Most Underrated Resort" by Skiing.
Aside from the legendary skiing and snowboarding, RED boasts world-class cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, ice skating,, movie nights and après action in Rafters, "North America´s Best Ski Area Bar" according to Powder (and us...). Modern ski in/ski out lodging, fine dining, a professional ski school, backcountry guiding, high-performance rentals, day care that´s kitty-corner to gourmet espresso, and a free shuttle to Rossland round out our offering. With Rossland´s rugged charm and our legendary friendly locals, RED Mountain Resort is the full package: Everything you need. Nothing you don´t. It´s true: The only fluff we offer is our snow.
- Offering 4199 acres of slopes and terrain, Red Mountain Resort is among the 5 largest Ski Resorts in Canada.
- Red Mountain Resort is among the 10 best rated Ski Resorts in British Columbia.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 2920 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Canada is 1191 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long. The ski resort takes you to an elevation of 6808 ft.
- Average snow depth during the season is 106 " at summit elevation and 63 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during January, offering an average snow depth of 125 " at summit elevation and 63 " at the base.
- Red Mountain Resort features 36 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Canada is 28 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 15 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 5 sunniest in British Columbia.