Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Masks mandatory in all lifts and ski buses
- Visitor management in waiting areas (keep your distance)
- Restrictions on lift capacity
- Lift tickets available online
- Masks mandatory at restaurants, ski rental and shops
- Daily disinfection measures
- Face covering required in lift lines
- Limited number of lift tickets
The Ski Resort
Powder Mountain is HUGE! 1133 hectares of lift served trails, 283 hectares of snowcat serviced tree skiing, 485 hectares of backcountry skiing and 1011 hectares on the Powder Snowcat Safari add up to over 2900 hectares of pure winter fun! With this amount of skiable terrain Powder Mountain is the ski resort with most skiable terrain in the U.S. As its name suggests Powder Mountain is famous for its great powder snow. With over 12 meters of natural snowfall per year there is no reason to lose time on snowmaking! At Powder Mountain you can choose from 135 trails and three mountains. Undoubtedly, there is something for everyone! Whereas expert skiers and riders might be more interested in the black runs with steeps and bumps and backcountry skiing beginners can practice on the easy slopes. There are lessons for different ability levels and ages available. Just because you´re not a kid anymore does not mean lessons can´t be fun! Experienced instructors will teach you the proper techniques with always having your fun and safety in mind. In addition, there are 2 Terrain Parks for all the freestylers out there. Sundown Terrain Park addresses beginner and intermediate park riders whereas Hidden Lake Terrain Park addresses advanced and expert park riders. Here you will also find Powder Mountain´s 122 meter long Half Pipe. If you´re looking for something really special you should take a Mountain Adventure Tour! Mountain Pros who know the mountain like their own home will guide you through the great powder areas of Powder Mountain. There are tours for intermediate, expert and extreme skiers and riders. Your Mountain Pro will develop a tour according to weather conditions and your personal ability level. Whatsoever, you will definitely experience an unforgettable tour! Moreover, Powder Mountain is one of the first ski areas that offer a special snow-kiting area. You can learn how to snowkite at The Best Snowkite Center. Come to Powder Mountain and try this fantastic sport!
- Offering 6999 acres of slopes and terrain, Powder Mountain is the largest ski resort in the USA.
- Powder Mountain is among the 5 best rated Ski Resorts in Utah.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 2523 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1188 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long. The high point of the ski resort is located at an elevation of 9423 ft.
- Average snow depth during the season is 66 " at summit elevation and 49 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during April, offering an average snow depth of 104 " at summit elevation and 60 " at the base.
- Powder Mountain features 57 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 57 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 17 sunny days.