Pizol is a skiing area with 11 cable cars and lifts up to 2250 meters above sea level, 40 kilometers of slopes and lots of other winter sports facilities like winter hiking, snow shoeing, toboggon run and an airboard slope. Enjoy the amazing view over the Rhein Valley of St. Gallen till the Lake of Constance and over alps of Eastern Switzerland.
- Elevated between 510 m and 2,844 m, the Ski Resort is the highest elevated Ski Resorts in Eastern Switzerland. The vertical drop from summit to base is 2,334 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Switzerland is 881 m. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Pizol is among the 3 best rated Ski Resorts in Eastern Switzerland.
- Season starts on 8 Dec and ends on 7 Apr (120 days). Average season duration in Switzerland is 112 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (8 Dec to 7 Apr) is 141 cm at summit elevation and 1 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 167 cm at summit elevation and 2 cm at the base. This makes Pizol the ski resort with the best snow conditions in Eastern Switzerland.
- Pizol features 43 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Switzerland is 44 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 14 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 3 sunniest in Eastern Switzerland.
- Offering 43 km of slopes and terrain, Pizol is among the 3 largest Ski Resorts in Eastern Switzerland.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Snow Making Machines: 62
Snowphone+41 (0)81 3004820
Average snow depth of the last years (Summit)
Most Difficult Runs
Length: 1.5 km
Vertical Drop: 400 m
Length: 9 km
Vertical Drop: 1,717 m
Lighted runs: 3 km
Number toboggan runs: 1
Toboggan run lighted
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Bars and Pubs: 1
Dining and Restaurants
Infrastructure & Rental
Backcountry Ski Rental