- The vertical drop from summit to base is 3445 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in France is 2782 ft. The high point of the ski resort is located at an elevation of 7546 ft.
- Season starts on Dec 22 and ends on Mar 24 (92 days). Average season duration in France is 112 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Dec 22 to Mar 24) is 55 " at summit elevation and 28 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 73 " at summit elevation and 39 " at the base.
- Pelvoux Vallouise features 68 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in France is 53 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 24 sunny days.
- A news skilift : "La crête" chairlift which allows you to go to the top of the resort with children, enjoying the wonderful view on the valley.
- Igloo Pelvoo village
The Ski Resort
The skiing area Pelvoux-Vallouise is located amidst the national park Écrins. Winter sports enthusiasts may expect 25 km (16 mi) of ski trails and 12 runways for any level of skiing experience. The area is ideal for family holidays as it offers ski-runs for beginners and a lift for children as well as a daycare centre.
The snow front is ideal for discovering winter sports and will appeal to both families and beginners. Pelvoux-Vallouise also has a well-exposed Nordic domain and an engaging off-piste and ski touring area that will appeal to ‘wild’ powder snow enthusiasts.
If you want to have some skiing fun off the mainstream slopes, Pelvoux-Vallouise won´t disappoint you in this respect, either. There are several routes to be explored by free styling skiers.
From 22 December 2018 to 25 March 2019
- > 1050 m elevation
- > 25 km of marked trails
- > 31 km of Nordic trails
- > 12 slopes,
- > 8 lifts including 1 baby ski lift
- > 1 floodlit slope for night skiing
- > 1 discovery zone
- • 1-day adult: €22.60, child: €18.60,
- • 6-day adult: €115.10, child: €89.90
- • Weekend multi-pass (Pelvoux-Vallouise and Puy Saint Vincent) adult: €51, child: €41
On Mountain Dining
you will find on the resort 2 restaurants on the slopes and in the little village of "Puy Aillaud", you can also have a nice meal in 2 typicals restaurants.
Each tuesday and thursday during the french holidays. You can find more information on our webstite www.paysdeecrins.com
- Ice Climbing
- Sled dog
- Snow shoes
- Igloo Pelvoo Village
- Ski touring
- Cross country skiing
Après-Ski and Nightlife
- Igloo Pelvoo village
- wellness activities
- 3 bars
You can find more information on our website www.paysdesecrins.com
Dining and Restaurants
- 8 restaurants
- 3 bars
- 1 pizza take away
Infrastructure & Rental
Affiliate Ski SchoolsOffered Skiing Lessons Pelvoux Vallouise
We are in the centre of a triangle formed by Grenoble, Turin and Marseille !
There are three main access roads to reach the Pays des Écrins.
From the North
On the A48 motorway as far as Grenoble, then over the Col du Lautaret (RN 91 road). Continue through Briançon, heading towards Gap. You are entering the Pays des Écrins when you reach Saint Martin de Queyrières.
On the A43 Maurienne motorway through the Fréjus tunnel, then over the Col de Montgenèvre. Continue through Briançon, heading towards Gap. You are entering the Pays des Écrins when you reach Saint Martin de Queyrières.
From the South
On the A51 motorway as far as La Saulce, then towards Briançon on the RN 94 road. You are entering the Pays des Écrins when you reach La Roche de Rame.