- Offering 52 miles of slopes and terrain, Orcieres 1850 is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur.
- Orcieres 1850 is among the 10 best rated Ski Resorts in Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur.
- Elevated between 6070 ft and 8940 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 5 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur. The vertical drop from summit to base is 2871 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in France is 2638 ft.
- Season starts on Dec 7 and ends on Dec 8 (1 days). Average season duration in France is 112 days.
- Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 50 " at summit elevation and 20 " at the base. Therefore Orcieres 1850 is among the 15 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in France.
- Orcieres 1850 features 1 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in France is 1 sunny days. December is the sunniest month with an average of 1 sunny days.
The Ski Resort
Orcières 1850 is a unique ski resort in the southern French Alps, offering anything you need for a perfect winter holiday. Between skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, and many further activities, you're sure never to get bored!
Skiers will find 84 kilometres (52.2 miles) of slopes for all skill levels. With 20 easy, 18 intermediate, and 6 difficult runs as well as a slalom trail, amateurs as well as experts enjoy perfect conditions. Furthermore, a terrain park offers 16,000 m² (approx. 1.6 ha) of pure pleasure to freestylers. A range of hops, tables, boxes, and other features make sure you get your money's worth.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
On Mountain Dining
Whether you want to grab a bite in between runs, relax on a sun deck, or try the local specialities, on and around the slopes of Orcières you will find just what you're looking for. Crêpes at La Chouette Gourmande, cheese fondue at Les Gardettes, or a quick snack from Snack Bar de Serre Eyraud - there surely is something for every taste.
At the heart of the resort, you will find "La Grande Ourse", a premium sports and leisure centre. Swimming pool, gym, ice rink, bowling centre, and cinema are all in one place here. Worried you'll miss the mountains? The glass roof makes sure you never lose sight of them.
For smaller guests, "La Petite Ourse" offers diverse activities and excellent day care. With crafting and games, tobogganing, skiing in a separate area, or short hikes, the kids are sure to have a blast.
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Finish your day right at Le Fun Paradise, or with a burger and a few drinks at Burger Rock Cafe. La Belle Table is another great bar to enjoy a couple of drinks before bed.
Dining and Restaurants
Infrastructure & Rental
Affiliate ShopsSki Rentals Orcieres 1850 (4)
Orcières Merlette 1850 is located approximately 45 minutes from the city of Gap, which is serviced by motorway A51 (Marseille - La Saulace) as well as trains from Marseille, Valence, or Grenoble. Regular busses between Gap and Orcière get you to the resort in a quick and easy way.