- Offering 662 acres of slopes and terrain, Okemo Mountain Resort is among the 5 largest Ski Resorts in Vermont.
- Okemo Mountain Resort is among the 5 best rated Ski Resorts in Vermont.
- It is among the 5 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Vermont.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 2201 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1184 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long. The high point of the ski resort is located at an elevation of 3343 ft.
- Season starts on Nov 22 and ends on Apr 13 (143 days). Average season duration in the USA is 118 days.
- During the season (from Nov 22 till Apr 13) the average snow depth at Okemo Mountain Resort is 29 ". Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average base depth of 35 ". Therefore Okemo Mountain Resort is among the 3 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Vermont.
- Okemo Mountain Resort features 68 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 62 sunny days. December is the sunniest month with an average of 16 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 1 sunniest in Vermont.
The Ski Resort
Okemo Mountain is a world-class ski resort nestled in the mountains high above the village of Ludlow in south central Vermont. The list of awards Okemo has received is long: snow quality, terrain park and family programs, to name just a few.
The resort offers 255 hectares of skiable terrain spreading over 5 mountain areas: Jackson Gore Peak, Solitude Peak, South Face, Glades Peak and South Ridge. That makes for a great variety on the slopes as well. You will find everything from gentle beginner runs to steep challenging terrain with natural bumps and nooks. Furthermore, Okemo is a freestyler's paradise. There are no less than 6 terrain parks and a super pipe available. Wheather you're an experienced park rider or just about to become one, you will certainly find a variety of challenges here.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Okemo Mountain has consistently been in the top rankings for best snow quality. A full 96% of the terrain has snowmaking. Expert staff is comitted to giving their best to provide guests with the best snow quality in the east USA.
On Mountain Dining
Okemo Mountain Resort features a range of restaurants to take care of your every culinary need after an exhausting ski day. Grab a quick cafeteria-style lunch at House Lodge or Summit Lodge. Epic at Solitude is one of the most popular restaurants on the mountain. If you're looking for authentic BBQ, check out Squeels On Wheels.
Fancy something sweet or just a cup of coffee? Okemo even has its own Starbucks! Alternatively you could treat yourself to a waffle at Waffle Cabin.
There are a loads more things to do at Okemo than just alpine skiing and snowboarding. Visit the Okemo Valley Nordic Center for cross-country skiing and snowshoeing. There are 22 km of groomed trails plus 16 km for snowshoers. Or choose from 4 different lanes at the snowtubing park and enjoy the thrill of speed! However, only a little pampering makes a holiday complete: treat yourself with a massage at the spa or relax in the hot tub!
Okemo Mountain Resort offers shuttle services from Rutland and Southern Vermont Regional Airport. Cape Air flies from Boston to Rutland three times a day, which makes the connection to international flights much easier.