- The vertical drop from summit to base is 470 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Germany is 222 m. Most runs are therefore relatively long. The highest point of the track is 1,220 m above sea level.
- Season starts on 22 Dec and ends on 18 Mar (86 days). Average season duration in Germany is 100 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (22 Dec to 18 Mar) is 50 cm at summit elevation and 44 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during January, offering an average snow depth of 61 cm at summit elevation and 55 cm at the base.
- Oberstaufen Thalkirchdorf Hündle features 49 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Germany is 37 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 16 sunny days.
- Offering 18 km of slopes and terrain, Oberstaufen Thalkirchdorf Hündle is among the 15 largest Ski Resorts in Germany.
There are bigger winter sport resorts and even more sophisticated ones. But no other resort can combine winter sports, lifestyle and wellness in such an expert way as the WellVital resort in the Allgäu – and all without any extra charges for the guest: The up and downhill rides on all cable cars to the surrounding peaks of the nature park, the ski pass for four skiing areas, the use of the ice rink, the sauna and bathing facilities of the adventure pool are free of charge for the holiday makers of about 300 hosts. Free is also the local bus line to various valley stations, the entry to the museums and parking in the town. The magic word is “Oberstaufen Plus“. About 250 accommodation hosts have this guest card on offer – unmatched in Germany. Extra charges are virtually nil, the possibilities for experiencing a super holiday are almost unlimited. For those who enjoy winter sports there is a lot on offer: the local Hochgrat mountain with its 1,833 m is an insider tip for free riders and deep snow skiers, with 6 km the ski run is the longest far and wide. Most ski runs are marked blue or red and therefore ideal for less ambitious skiers. And if there is not enough snow in the sky snow cannons at Steibis and Thalkirchdorf will guarantee white slopes. A 4-seater and a 8-seater gondola, a modern six-person-chairlift, a double chair lift, and 22 drag lifts provide about 40 km of skiing pleasure all around Oberstaufen. Furthermore there are over 100 km of groomed trails for cross-country skiing, of which 80 km are certified by the DSV Nordic-Aktiv-Zentrum and well signposted. On the 2.6 km long Kalzhofer trail you can go round even at night as it`s floodlit. For those non-skiers/snowboarders who want to enjoy a great holiday with wellness and health and natural anti aging treatments in Germany´s only Schroth cure resort there are numerous possibilities: Approximately 60 km of winter paths are cleared for hikers and nordic walkers, there are eight snowshoeing tours and the taboggan-run at the Imberg is also tempting for fun rides through the lit-up winter landscape. For “Oberstaufen Plus“ guests the use of the ice rink is free of charge as well as the guided tours in the surrounding Nagelfluhkette Nature Park, or a visit to the model train display “Miniwelt“ and the local history museum. The guest card also grants various reductions on all Allgäu holiday resorts and the neighbouring Kleinwalsertal. The varied offer of snowshoing tours, tabogganing evenings, great fun at mountain huts, torchlight hikes or horse-sleigh rides shows how convivial also the winter season is in Oberstaufen – renowned for its unique Schroth cure treatments. The landscape of the Alpine foothills east of Lake Constance is not as rugged as in the Alps, the mountains are not so steep, and Alpine huts which are offering food and drink are more easily reached. Inspite of numerous hotels of which some belong to the best in the whole of Bavaria and many high-class holiday apartments, Oberstaufen has still managed to keep its cosiness. During winter time its special atmosphere comes out even more. Shopping, going out and meeting up round up the winter holiday experience. Oberstaufen can be easily reached by car and rail and via the airports Memmingen and Friedrichshafen with low-cost airlines.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Snow Making Machines: 10
Snowphone+49 (0)8386 8222
Average snow depth of the last years (Summit)
Lighted runs: 0.80 km
Number toboggan runs: 1
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Bars and Pubs: 1
Dining and Restaurants