Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Lift access for vaccinated or recovered persons only
- Masks mandatory in indoor facilities
- Masks mandatory in waiting areas
- Physical distancing in indoor facilities and waiting areas
- Access to hotels or restaurants for vaccinated or recovered persons only
- Daily disinfection measures
The Ski Resort
90 percent of the pistes in the Oberammergau ski area are marked in blue and therefore offer ideal conditions for beginners and returners, but also for the whole family. Nine lifts take winter sports enthusiasts up the mountain, providing fun on a total of eight kilometers of slopes. All practice lifts for ski schools and beginners are located in the valley area.
Freeskiers and snowboarders get their money's worth in the Snowpark Oberammergau. Here there are different lines for all levels of ability.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 1398 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Germany is 699 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long. The highest point of the track is 4186 ft above sea level.
- Average snow depth during the season is 30 " at summit elevation and 16 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 32 " at summit elevation and 16 " at the base.
- Oberammergau Kolben features 31 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Germany is 19 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 15 sunny days.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
On Mountain Dining
There are four possibilities to stop off in the ski area. In the Kolbensattelhütte, delicious dishes made from regional products are served. You can enjoy your meal either indoors or on the large terrace with a panoramic view. The après-ski atmosphere starts in the afternoon at the umbrella bar at the valley station of the Kolben chairlift.
The altitude and the extensive Ammer Valley make Oberammergau an El Dorado for cross-country skiers. Even less experienced skiers will have fun on the free 50 kilometres of cross-country trails.
A big highlight for children and young people is the AlpinCoaster. It takes you 2.5 kilometres from the Kolbensattelhütte down into the valley. Within sight of the hut is also a large mountain adventure playground for children.
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Dining and Restaurants
Infrastructure & Rental
When buying a ski ticket, winter sports enthusiasts can park their car for free at the large car park.