Nozawa Onsen Snow Resort is a sprawling ski area covering the north-western slopes of Mt. Kenashi in Japan’s Nagano prefecture. Cross-country skiing fans may already be familiar with the name...
- Offering 34 miles of slopes and terrain, Nozawa Onsen is among the 5 largest Ski Resorts in Japan.
- Nozawa Onsen is among the 3 best rated Ski Resorts in Japan.
- It is among the 3 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Japan.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 3560 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Japan is 3130 ft. The high point of the ski resort is located at an elevation of 5413 ft.
- Season starts on Nov 25 and ends on May 7 (163 days). Average season duration in Japan is 122 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Nov 25 to May 7) is 47 " at summit elevation and 8 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 65 " at summit elevation and 15 " at the base. Therefore Nozawa Onsen is among the 5 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Japan.
- Nozawa Onsen features 57 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Japan is 58 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 12 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 1 sunniest in Japan.