The Ski Resort
The holiday destination of Neuschönau is located in the middle of the Bavarian Forest and offers many highlights for winter holidaymakers: Alpine skiing in the highest mountain village of the Bavarian Forest, cross-country skiing on the 150 km long Bayerwald-Loipe, tobogganing from the summit of mount Lusen, snowshoeing through the wilderness of the National Park, searching for animal tracks on winter walks, climbing peaks or enjoying the glittering winter landscape from the tree egg of the longest treetop path in the world.
All skiers, and those who want to become skiers, have a total of three ski lifts at their disposal in Neuschönau and in the mountain village of Waldhäuser, some of which are also used for floodlit skiing in the evening (Forstwald).
Ski schools on site with the corresponding equipment rental guarantee that even less experienced skiers can enjoy winter sports.
Ski lift facilities Waldhäuser:
- with practice carousel
- ideal for beginners and children
- with lounge and warming room, toilets
Ski Lift Neuschönau/Forstwald:
- Ideal for children and beginners
- Floodlight skiing every Tuesday and Thursday from 18.00 to 21.00
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 984 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Germany is 702 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long. The high point of the ski resort is located at an elevation of 3281 ft.
- Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 23 " at summit elevation and 17 " at the base.