Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Masks mandatory in all lifts and ski buses
- Visitor management in waiting areas (keep your distance)
- Restrictions on lift capacity
- Lift tickets available online
- Masks mandatory at restaurants, ski rental and shops
- Daily disinfection measures
- Face covering required in lift lines
- Lift tickets must be purchased in advance
The Ski Resort
At Mt Rose, only 25 miles from Reno, 485 ha of skiable terrain is waiting to be explored. Being the highest ski resort in the Lake Tahoe region, its carparks are at a higher elevation than other resorts' peaks. Hence, it boasts perfect snow conditions even on warmer spring days.
Mt Rose offers a great variety of slopes, ranging from absolute beginner runs to extremely difficult ones. Novices as well as experienced skiers and snowboarders will certainly get their money's worth. Furthermore, three terrain parks offer many great features to show off your skills.
At the local ski and snowboard school you will find a range of courses for all skill levels. Whether you're just getting started or are trying to reach the next leven, you are sure to find the help you need. One of Mt Rose's specialities are its Silver Ski Clinics. Those courses are especially designed to suit the needs of skiers over 50.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 1440 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1188 ft. The ski resort takes you to an elevation of 9701 ft.
- Average snow depth during the season is 51 " at summit elevation and 63 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 74 " at summit elevation and 93 " at the base.
- Mt Rose Ski Tahoe features 122 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 78 sunny days. December is the sunniest month with an average of 24 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 10 sunniest in the USA.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
On Mountain Dining
Surely a day on the slopes will make you hungry sooner or later. At Mt Rose you have a whole bunch of options for on-mountain dining. Whether you just want to grab a slice of pizza, a salad or a sandwich, or you're looking for a hearty meal, you're sure to find the right spot. Winter's Creek Lodge is a special recommendation: enjoy delicious food while you relax on the sun terrace and savour the beautiful landscape surrounding you.
Infrastructure & Rental
Mt Rose is located only 25 minutes from Reno/Tahoe International Airport and 10 minutes from Incline Village. Shuttle busses make for easy and affordable transfer.