Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Visitor management in waiting areas (keep your distance)
- Lift tickets available online
- Daily disinfection measures
- Face coverings recommended
- No cash accepted
The Ski Resort
Located in the Australian state of Victoria, Mount Hotham is a mountain in the Great Dividing Range about 226 km northeast of Melbourne. Named after the Governor of Victoria from 1854 to 1855, Mt Hotham's summit lies at an altitude of 1,862 metres. Hence, Hotham Alpine Resort is Australia's second highest resort village, offering year-round activities for everyone and boasting spectacular views. Whether you are a first timer or a seasoned skier, Mt Hotham features easy-peasy slopes and demanding terrain, as well.
Lifts & Terrain
13 lifts, a whopping 16 cross-country trails as well as three terrain parks make for great times at Hotham. Suited to both thrill seekers and those new to the freestyle world, Basin Rail Park, Summit Terrain Park and SBX Course will definitely stretch you to your limits. 245 ha of lifted terrain with 20% being beginner terrain, 40% suited to intermediates and another 40% to advanced skiers and riders and an uphill lift capacity of 24,485 persons per hour are the epitome of skiing pleasure. A total of 38 ha is covered by snowmaking; however, the terrain parks are still snow dependent.
Things to Do
What's more is the resort's endless "things to do" list: Husky sled dog tours, tubing sessions, kids snowmobile rides, night skiing, tobogganing, backcountry sled tours, grooming tours, snowshoeing, or scenic flights with the Hotham helicopter service - there is nothing you can't do! Tired legs? Get yourself some quality time by spoiling yourself in one of Hotham's two luxurious spa retreats. If you are with kids, Hotham Daycare runs all season long and caters to the youngest guests aged three months to five years.
Nightlife and Events
You have never heard of tired legs before and instead are into shaking a leg or two? Hotham's events calendar is filled with entertainment on and off the slopes. Live music evenings, wine and cheese nights, challenges and competitions guarantee great nights. Kids will love the Harry live shows. The blue snowdragon performs for 20 minutes every Wednesday and Saturday from 4pm.
- Hotham Alpine Resort is among the 3 best rated Ski Resorts in Australia.
- Elevated between 4757 ft and 6053 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 5 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Australia. The vertical drop from summit to base is 1296 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Australia is 820 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Snow coverage is usually best during September, offering an average snow depth of 45 " at summit elevation and 1 inch at the base. Therefore Hotham Alpine Resort is among the 3 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Victoria.
- Hotham Alpine Resort features 44 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Australia is 39 sunny days. September is the sunniest month with an average of 16 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 1 sunniest in Australia.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Infrastructure & Rental
From many cities you can take the bus to Mt Hotham, including Melbourne, Sydney or Adelaide.
20 kilometres from the ski area is Mt Hotham Airport, which is connected to Melbourne or Albury. You can also fly to Albury, which is about 2.5 hours from the ski area.