Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Masks mandatory in all lifts and ski buses
- Masks mandatory at restaurants, ski rental and shops
- Daily disinfection measures
- Face covering required in lift lines and parking lots
- Lift tickets must be purchased in advance
The Ski Resort
Mt Hood Ski Bowl is located less than an hour away from Portland. It is a great ski area offering 388 hectares of terrain. There are trails for everyone: Enjoy gentle beginner trails, large cruising trails for intermediates or steep, challenging terrain for experts. At Mt Hood Ski Bowl you´ll get it all! In addition, it offers America´s largest night ski area. Even the two Terrain Parks with all their great features are lighted. Enjoy all of Mt Hood Snow Bowl´s greatness - even at night! However, there are a lot more things to do than just to ride or ski. There is a snowtubing park available providing fun for the entire family from the little toddler to grandpa and grandma. Just hop on your tube and get down that hill! The automatic tube tow will bring you back on the hill. Furthermore, there are numerous Cross Country trails available. Glide through the wonderful winter landscape and get spectacular views! Those who want to lean back but still want to have a real winter experience may like Dog Sledding. Snuggle in your warm blanket and enjoy your ride! If you like a little more action you should try snowmobiling. All these activities will certainly quicken your appetite. There are 7 restaurants located throughiout the area where you can get all sorts of food. There´s something for any taste!
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 1529 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1188 ft. The highest point of the track is 5026 ft above sea level.
- Average snow depth during the season is 80 " at summit elevation and 59 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 81 " at summit elevation and 60 " at the base.
- Mt Hood SkiBowl features 27 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 51 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 13 sunny days.