The Ski Resort
Mt Hood Meadows Ski Resort features 870 hectares of skiable terrain and a vertical drop of 7300 ft. Its sheer size makes for great variety. Mt Hood Meadow's mountains offer winter fun for everyone! Find steeps and glades, trails with natural bumps and gentle, rolling runs. Whatever you're looking for, this resort has it. Mt Hood Meadow's trails and slopes were even voted best cruising intermediate terrain in the entire state of Oregon. The slopes are serviced by 11 chair lifts. Take a ride to the summit and enjoy breathtaking views of the area around.
You will also find 6 different terrain parks and a half pipe. The design of the parks changes during the season according to the weather conditions. However, you are always sure to find a great variety of features for all ability levels. A 56 hectares area, including the super pipe, is illuminated for night skiing. Extend your mountain experience and ski and ride under the starry sky!
- Offering 2150 acres of slopes and terrain, Mt Hood Meadows is among the 3 largest Ski Resorts in Oregon.
- Mt Hood Meadows is among the 3 best rated Ski Resorts in Oregon.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 2779 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1204 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long. The ski resort takes you to an elevation of 7300 ft.
- Average snow depth during the season is 149 " at summit elevation and 97 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during April, offering an average snow depth of 184 " at summit elevation and 115 " at the base.
- Mt Hood Meadows features 36 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 63 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 11 sunny days.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
On Mountain Dining
Of course you won't have to hit the slopes on an empty stomach. mt Hood Meadows features 9 dining facilites to be found all over the mountain. If you want to enjoy a meal with a view, try a hot dog at Mazot, a cup of coffee at Renaissance Cafe, or go for some BBQ at Paradise Grill.
Just want to get back on the slopes already? Schuss Grill, Fresh Tracks Deli, Higher Grounds Cafe, and Comfort Zone offer quick options that don't keep you tied to a table for too long. If you want to take the time and sit down for a proper meal, Alpenstube (focus on natural and regional ingredients) or Vertical (Mediterranean cuisine) are your go-tos.
Mt Hood Meadows also features a number of tracks for cross-country skiing. Furthermore, you can rent some snowshoes and hit one of the three loops to discover the surrounding nature.
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Alpenstube Restaurant & Bar features an après-ski menu. Kids are always welcome here as well. If you're into special beers, you should go to Vertical and try one of the Northwest microbrews while you watch sports on one of the giant plasma TVs or listen to live music.
Mt Hood Meadows is located a 1.5 hours' drive east of Portland, where you can find an international airport. From there, you can make use of the bus transfer options, or rent a car to drive to the resort yourself.