The Ski Resort
With an elevation of 2,763 meters Mt Bachelor is the highest mountain in Oregon and Washington. Its location in the central eastern Cascades cater for the dry snow it is widely known for. Mt Bachelor offers a skiable terrain of 1490 hectares which obviously means great variety! Although the majority of the slopes and trails are labeled expert trails there is still plenty of terrain left for beginners and advanced skiers and riders. Mt Bachelor is so huge it will keep everyone busy not only for hours but for days!
It is also a great place for first-timers. There is a free beginners lift available and the Snowsports School offers programs for every need you can imagine. There are programs for beginners of all ages and ability levels. Furthermore, there are special programs for Telemark skiing, All-Mountain Snowboarding, Carving and Terrain Park and Halfpipe lessons. At Mt Bachelor no one is left behind and hence, there are also adaptive lessons available for disabled individuals. There are 5 Terrain Parks and one Half Pipe available. Here you´ll find great features that will please any freestyler. No matter if novice or an old hand you´ll find the park that most matches your skills.
Mt Bachelor is also a paradise for Nordic skiers. There are not less than 56 km of trails available. They are machine groomed every night so you will always find best conditions. Yet, that is still not everything. At Mt Bachelor you can choose from a multitude of off-piste activities. Go snowtubing at the Snowblast Tubing Park and enjoy the thrill of speed or take a Sled Dog Ride or a Snowshoeing tour if you´re looking for a calmer activity.
- Offering 4359 acres of slopes and terrain, Mt Bachelor is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in the USA.
- Mt Bachelor is among the 3 best rated Ski Resorts in Oregon.
- It is known to be the most family-friendly ski resort in Oregon.
- Elevated between 5699 ft and 9065 ft, the Ski Resort is the highest elevated Ski Resorts in Oregon. The vertical drop from summit to base is 3363 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1204 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Average snow depth during the season is 95 " at summit elevation and 67 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during April, offering an average snow depth of 127 " at summit elevation and 90 " at the base. This makes Mt Bachelor the ski resort with the best snow conditions in Oregon.
- Mt Bachelor features 82 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 82 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 17 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 3 sunniest in Oregon.