- The vertical drop from summit to base is 1601 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1184 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long. The high point of the ski resort is located at an elevation of 8199 ft.
- It is among the 5 most family-friendly ski Resorts in California.
- Season starts on Nov 28 and ends on Mar 25 (117 days). Average season duration in the USA is 118 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Nov 28 to Mar 25) is 0 " at summit elevation and 15 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 0 " at summit elevation and 17 " at the base. Therefore Mountain High Resort is among the 5 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in California.
- Mountain High Resort features 81 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 50 sunny days. December is the sunniest month with an average of 23 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 3 sunniest in the USA.
Mountain High is Southern California´s most popular winter resort and home to not one, but three distinguished mountains. Even though they are only a mile apart, they offer stunning differences in both terrain and provide amenities for every member of the family. The West Resort is filled with a seemingly endless assortment of technical trails and skillfully-designed terrain features for freestyle riders of all ages and abilities. It is the most youthful of the three areas and the site of many on-hill contests, promotions and live performances. It is also Southern California´s only local resort open seven nights a week. The East Resort boasts the longest trails in the region serviced by a single high-speed quad. It is also known for its thrilling moguls, gladed tree skiing areas and breathtaking views of the Mojave Desert. Rising as high as 8,200 feet, the East Resort offers traditional skiers and snowboarders a true alpine experience without having to journey far from home. Mountain High´s new North Resort offers 70 acres of beginner terrain perfect for families and introductory skiers. It is also home to the North Pole Tubing Park, the largest tubing area in Southern California. Formerly Ski Sunrise, Mountain High North is located directly across from the West Resort and operates Friday through Sunday peak season.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking