The Ski Resort
Mount Sunapee is a great ski resort located in southern New Hampshire and only 90 minutes away from Boston, MA. It is very close to Interstates I-89 and I-91. Yet, easy accessibility is not everything Mount Sunapee has to offer. Its skiable terrain totals almost 90 hectares and there are not less than 65 trails waiting for you. The majority of them are intermediate trails. However, there are also enough beginner and expert trails available to keep you busy all day long! With 3.2 km The Ridge Trail is the longest of them.
The Ski & Snowboard School offers private lessons as well as group lessons. You can choose from a great variety of programs: There are not only adult and children programs available but also award winning programs that include the entire family. Furthermore, Mount Sunapee is home of the New England Handicapped Sports Association. As such it has been helping diasabled individuals of all ages to participate in the fun and joy of skiing and snowboarding. Freestylers should check out Six-O-Three Terrain Park which has 3 trails. They are stuffed with great features! Riders of all ability levels will find some that´ll give them a real challenge. Furthermore, there is a Child Care at Mount Sunapee for children ages 1 to 5.
Know your child in good hands while you enjoy the great trails and slopes!
- Offering 230 acres of slopes and terrain, Mount Sunapee Resort is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in New Hampshire.
- Mount Sunapee Resort is among the 10 best rated Ski Resorts in New Hampshire.
- Elevated between 1234 ft and 2743 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 10 highest elevated Ski Resorts in New Hampshire. The vertical drop from summit to base is 1509 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1201 ft.
- Average snow depth during the season is 25 " at summit elevation and 15 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 31 " at summit elevation and 20 " at the base. Therefore Mount Sunapee Resort is among the 10 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in New Hampshire.
- Mount Sunapee Resort features 67 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 64 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 23 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 5 sunniest in New Hampshire.