- Offering 586 acres of slopes and terrain, Mount Snow is among the 5 largest Ski Resorts in Vermont.
- Mount Snow is among the 5 best rated Ski Resorts in Vermont.
- It is known to be the most family-friendly ski resort in Vermont.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 1699 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1184 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long. The highest point of the track is 3599 ft above sea level.
- Season starts on Nov 23 and ends on Apr 2 (130 days). Average season duration in the USA is 112 days.
- During the season (from Nov 23 till Apr 2) the average snow depth at Mount Snow is 19 ". Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 20 " at summit elevation and 0 " at the base.
- Mount Snow features 58 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 55 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 18 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 3 sunniest in Vermont.
The Ski Resort
Mount Snow resort is located rather close to the northeast metropolitan areas so you can be there in a blink from cities such as New York, Boston or Albany. It is one of Vermont´s top ski resorts and definitely worth a visit!
It is split into 4 distinct mountain areas: Main Mountain, North Face, Sunbrook and Carinthia. There are more than 242 hectares of skiable terrain with 80 trails waiting to be discovered. They are serviced by 20 lifts with a capacity of 30,370 people per hour. The trails will make everyone happy from novice to expert.
If you want to learn how to ski or ride or if you want to learn how to hit the jumps the Ski and Snowboard School is the right place to be! It offers a great variety of programs and clinics for adults as well as for children. There are also adaptive clinics for individuals with any kind of disability available. Mount Snow also has a Child Care Center for children ages 6 months to 6 years. Know your kid is having a whole lot of fun while you enjoy the exceptional trails and slopes. The Child Care Center is conveniently located in The Clock Tower Building of the Main Base Area. Hence, parents can quickly have a look if everything is fine. If you´re looking for a fun activity for the whole family you should consider snow tubing. It is fun for all ages!
Getting hungry? Mount Snow offers a great selection of on mountain dining. There´s something for everyone. Burgers, waffles, burritos and a lot more! Just lean back, enjoy your meal and gather some strength for your next run.