- Elevated between 1 212 m and 3 275 m, the Ski Resort is among the 5 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Italy. The vertical drop from summit to base is 2 063 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Italy is 920 m. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Monterosa is among the 3 best rated Ski Resorts in the Aosta Valley.
- It is among the 15 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Italy.
- Season starts on 1 Dec and ends on 8 Apr (128 days). Average season duration in Italy is 126 days.
- The ski resort is among the 3 ski Resorts with best conditions in Italy.
- Monterosa features 86 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Italy is 85 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 23 sunny days.
- Offering 176 km of slopes and terrain, Monterosa is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in Italy.
Monterosa ski area gives you three valleys´ ski resorts at your disposal. First there is Ayas Valley. The ski resorts Champoluc-Frachey, Brusson and Antagnod form part of Ayas Valley. Each ski resort has its special feature. Champoluc-Frachey is particularly interesting for advanced skiers as there are about 50 kilometers of red slopes. Brusson is well-known for its international biathlon and cross-country skiing competitions, whereas Antagnod distinguishes itself from the other ski resorts with its highly specialized friendliness towards families and kids. At the eastern edge of the Monterosa region lies Valsesia Valley. Its ski region Alagna is a true jewel of freeriding and ski routes. As soon as you´ve reached Passo Salati at an altitude of 2971 meters you´ll have plenty of descents off the pistes. For experts it truly is the El Dorado of freeriding. The third valley is situated between Valsesia and Ayas Valley: the Gressoney Valley. There are two ski resorts in Gressoney Valley, Gressoney-St-Jean and Gressoney-La-Trinité. The most remarkable feature about Gressoney-La-Trinité is its interconnection to the other valleys. From here you can take various descents to the ski resorts of Champoluc-Frachey and Alagna. Gressoney-St-Jean is a little away from the region´s ski resorts. Nevertheless, this is not a disadvantage. This ski resort is more tranquil than the others, a perfect condition for beginners and cross-country skiers. But even experts will find their way to Gressoney-St-Jean. Everybody wants to try out the famous ski world cup slope Leonardo David.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Snow Making Machines: 655
Snowphone+39 0125 303111
Most Difficult Runs
Length: 0,5 km
Vertical Drop: 200 m
Length: 8 km
Vertical Drop: 1 768 m
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Bars and Pubs: 25
Dining and Restaurants
Infrastructure & Rental
Cross Country Lessons
Cross Country Ski Rental