Right on the Swiss border and serving six traditional villages in the locality, this is a year-round multi-sports resort. There is a snowpark for boarders and night-skiing is possible several evenings per week.
Not only excellent cheeses has to offer the community in Métabief Doubs. 37 km of slopes, half divided into slopes for beginners and intermediates, form 22 lifts, terrain park with tables, jumps and rails, a boardercross and 2 green and 2 blue cross-country tracks along 65 km, provide relief for all winter sports.
But it´s not just on the slopes to the point. Bring attractive leisure activities such as sleigh rides and snowshoeing nature you that little bit closer.
In the center you have the opportunity to enjoy culinary delights to play bowling, going to the movies or to party until the early hours at the nightclub.
If you like to do sports in the summer and a fan of downhill cycling are you will like the fact that the suspension can also be used just that. Métabief 1993 was also the venue for the Mountain Bike World Championships.
- Elevated between 3281 ft and 4659 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 3 highest elevated Ski Resorts the Franche-Comté. The vertical drop from summit to base is 1378 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in France is 2848 ft. Runs and slopes are therefore relatively short.
- Metabief is among the 3 best rated Ski Resorts the Franche-Comté.
- It is among the 3 most family-friendly ski Resorts the Franche-Comté.
- Season starts on Dec 13 and ends on Mar 29 (106 days). Average season duration in France is 118 days.
- The ski resort is among the 3 ski Resorts with best conditions the Franche-Comté.
- Metabief features 47 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in France is 62 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 19 sunny days.
- Offering 23 miles of slopes and terrain, Metabief is among the 3 largest Ski Resorts the Franche-Comté.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Bars and Pubs: 5
Dining and Restaurants
Infrastructure & Rental
Cross Country Lessons
Cross Country Ski Rental
Backcountry Ski Rental