Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Visitor management in waiting areas (keep your distance)
- Restrictions on lift capacity
- Masks mandatory at restaurants, ski rental and shops
- Staff testing on regular basis
- Daily disinfection measures
- Face covering required in lift lines
- Face covering required while riding a chairlift or gondola
The Ski Resort
The sun-soaked ski resort of Merano 2000 is an inviting option to swap the city for the mountains, with a swift 7 minute Ropeway journey that will take you right on to the sunny terrace of Merano. Award-winning architecture and sustainable mobility in one of the most modern and innovative uplift systems in the Alps.
Once arrived at the ski resort the breath-taking view takes you as far as the Ortles range and the Dolomites, UNESCO World Heritage.
40 km of slopes on a sunny plateau, at a height of 2000 metres are a treat for every adventurous skier or snowboarder. The new slopes, all of various difficulty grades, will suite every skiing style and ability, from experts who are looking for a challenge to families on a day out with their children. At Kinderland the smaller ones will embrace their first skiing experience on the snow kindergarden “magic carpets” and with the help of the many ski instructors… in the meantime parents can relax and enjoy an aperitif on the beautiful terrace of the Panorama Bistro while keeping an eye on their kids’ activities.
Fascinating ski-touring and snow-shoe routes all around Merano 2000 take you through enchanted winter landscapes. A number of paths with a stunning view take you to the furthest ends of the resort, places where you can still touch nature with your hands and eyes. The more romantic ones can go on an excursion on a horse-drawn sleigh from Avelengo and Verano through the snowed-in forests.
- Meran 2000 is among the 15 best rated Ski Resorts in Italy.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 2165 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Italy is 2710 ft. The highest point of the track is 7546 ft above sea level.
- Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 32 " at summit elevation and 25 " at the base.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
On Mountain Dining
Quiet places and cosy mountain refuges within the Merano 2000 resort are the ideal setting for a hearty meal and a great chance to indulge in some of the delicious local gastronomy. The traditional South-Tyrolean cuisine is a treat for the finest palate with Alpine-Mediterranean specialities.
Mittagerpist - for the good skiers
Kesselbergpist - for enjoyers
Most Difficult Runs
Adrenalin junkies will get their fix either on the Alpin-Bob, a 1,1 km long rail guided bob-sleigh run, or on the natural toboggan run.
The very practical proximity of Merano 2000 to the Spa-town of Merano allows you to enjoy a relaxing stroll in the historic centre or to pay a regenerating visit to the Merano Thermal Baths straight after a day on the slopes. “Thermae & Ski” is a special ticket that has been created for those who want to combine 4 hours in the Merano 2000 Ski Resort with 3 hours in the Merano Thermal Spa Complex.