- The vertical drop from summit to base is 660 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Italy is 921 m. The highest point of the track is 2,300 m above sea level.
- Meran 2000 is among the 15 best rated Ski Resorts in Italy.
- It is among the 10 most family-friendly ski Resorts in South Tyrol.
- Season starts on 8 Dec and ends on 2 Apr (115 days). Average season duration in Italy is 127 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (8 Dec to 2 Apr) is 50 cm at summit elevation and 41 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 64 cm at summit elevation and 55 cm at the base.
- Meran 2000 features 55 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Italy is 54 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 15 sunny days.
The NEW SNOWPARK MERANO 2000 waits for brave Snowboarders and Freestylers. An ambitious project with many kicks, rails, tubes and boxes for newcomers and pros. The park is structured in two sections. In the upper part, the Easy Lines are perfect for training and improving the own skills. On the other hand the 6 Tables and the Easy and Medium Lines of the lower Park allow breathtaking jumps and tricks.
The Ski Resort
Merano 2000 - Everything you need for a pleasant break!
The sun-soaked ski resort of Merano 2000 is an inviting option to swap the city for the mountains, with a swift 7 minute Ropeway journey that will take you right on to the sunny terrace of Merano. Award-winning architecture and sustainable mobility in one of the most modern and innovative uplift systems in the Alps.
Once arrived at the ski resort the breath-taking view takes you as far as the Ortles range and the Dolomites, UNESCO World Heritage.
40 km of slopes on a sunny plateau, at a height of 2000 metres are a treat for every adventurous skier or snowboarder. The new slopes, all of various difficulty grades, will suite every skiing style and ability, from experts who are looking for a challenge to families on a day out with their children. At Kinderland the smaller ones will embrace their first skiing experience on the snow kindergarden “magic carpets” and with the help of the many ski instructors… in the meantime parents can relax and enjoy an aperitif on the beautiful terrace of the Panorama Bistro while keeping an eye on their kids’ activities.
Info: Kids under the age of 8 have free access on any of the uplifts.
Fascinating ski-touring and snow-shoe routes all around Merano 2000 take you through enchanted winter landscapes. A number of paths with a stunning view take you to the furthest ends of the resort, places where you can still touch nature with your hands and eyes. The more romantic ones can go on an excursion on a horse-drawn sleigh from Avelengo and Verano through the snowed-in forests.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
On Mountain Dining
Quiet places and cosy mountain refuges within the Merano 2000 resort are the ideal setting for a hearty meal and a great chance to indulge in some of the delicious local gastronomy. The traditional South-Tyrolean cuisine is a treat for the finest palate with Alpine-Mediterranean specialities.
Mittagerpist - for the good skiers
Kesselbergpist - for enjoyers
Most Difficult Runs
Adrenalin junkies will get their fix either on the Alpin-Bob, a 1,1 km long rail guided bob-sleigh run, or on the natural toboggan run.
The very practical proximity of Merano 2000 to the Spa-town of Merano allows you to enjoy a relaxing stroll in the historic centre or to pay a regenerating visit to the Merano Thermal Baths straight after a day on the slopes. “Thermae & Ski” is a special ticket that has been created for those who want to combine 4 hours in the Merano 2000 Ski Resort with 3 hours in the Merano Thermal Spa Complex.