- Elevated between 1,080 m and 2,255 m, the Ski Resort is among the 5 highest elevated Ski Resorts in the Lucerne - Lake Lucerne Region. The vertical drop from summit to base is 1,175 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Switzerland is 901 m. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Melchsee Frutt is among the 15 best rated Ski Resorts in Switzerland.
- It is among the 3 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Switzerland.
- Season starts on 8 Dec and ends on 2 Apr (115 days). Average season duration in Switzerland is 121 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (8 Dec to 2 Apr) is 86 cm at summit elevation and 25 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 132 cm at summit elevation and 24 cm at the base. Therefore Melchsee Frutt is among the 3 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in the Lucerne - Lake Lucerne Region.
- Melchsee Frutt features 65 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Switzerland is 65 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 17 sunny days.
- Offering 36 km of slopes and terrain, Melchsee Frutt is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in the Lucerne - Lake Lucerne Region.
The small holiday region of Melchsee-Frutt / Melchtal / Kerns lies at the heart of central Switzerland, surrounded by lakes and mountains. The centre for tourism in this expansive region is the high valley of Melchsee-Frutt at an altitude of 2000 metres, with its traffic-free, family-friendly resort on the shores of the little mountain lake. The Melchsee-Frutt winter sports’ regions guarantee snow from altitudes of 1080m to 2255m. This high-lying valley with its sunny winter hiking and cross-country ski trails is flanked by two ski regions: from the Balmeregghorn and the Erzegg (with free-style park) two wide, sunny pistes descend to the valley floor. Facing these is the Bonistock where steeper pistes descend by more than 1000 metres of altitude. The 8-kilometre descent to Stöckalp is a real treat for toboggan enthusiasts. Children can have fun in the Fruttli-Park with its magic carpet and ski carousel.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Snow Making Machines: 110
Snowphone0041 41 669 70 70
Average snow depth of the last years (Summit)