The small holiday region of Melchsee-Frutt / Melchtal / Kerns lies at the heart of central Switzerland, surrounded by lakes and mountains. The centre for tourism in this expansive region is the high valley of Melchsee-Frutt at an altitude of 2000 metres, with its traffic-free, family-friendly resort on the shores of the little mountain lake. The Melchsee-Frutt winter sports’ regions guarantee snow from altitudes of 1080m to 2255m. This high-lying valley with its sunny winter hiking and cross-country ski trails is flanked by two ski regions: from the Balmeregghorn and the Erzegg (with free-style park) two wide, sunny pistes descend to the valley floor. Facing these is the Bonistock where steeper pistes descend by more than 1000 metres of altitude. The 8-kilometre descent to Stöckalp is a real treat for toboggan enthusiasts. Children can have fun in the Fruttli-Park with its magic carpet and ski carousel.
- Elevated between 1,080 m and 2,255 m, the Ski Resort is among the 5 highest elevated Ski Resorts in the Lucerne - Lake Lucerne Region. The vertical drop from summit to base is 1,175 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Switzerland is 892 m. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Melchsee Frutt is among the 10 best rated Ski Resorts in Switzerland.
- It is known to be the most family-friendly ski resort in Switzerland.
- Season starts on 18 Nov and ends on 8 Apr (141 days). Average season duration in Switzerland is 114 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (18 Nov to 8 Apr) is 93 cm at summit elevation and 25 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 132 cm at summit elevation and 24 cm at the base. Therefore Melchsee Frutt is among the 3 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in the Lucerne - Lake Lucerne Region.
- Melchsee Frutt features 81 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Switzerland is 80 sunny days. December is the sunniest month with an average of 22 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 1 sunniest in the Lucerne - Lake Lucerne Region.
- Offering 36 km of slopes and terrain, Melchsee Frutt is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in the Lucerne - Lake Lucerne Region.
The Ski Resort
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Snow Making Machines: 110
Snowphone+41 (0)41 6697070
Average snow depth of the last years (Summit)
Number toboggan runs: 1
Toboggan run lighted
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Bars and Pubs: 3
Dining and Restaurants
Infrastructure & Rental
Cross Country Lessons
Cross Country Ski Rental
Backcountry Ski Rental
Ski Rental Shops
Ski Rentals Melchsee Frutt (1)