The Ski Resort
The small polish village Male Ciche is hidden within romantic forests in the area of Podhale, situated to the South of Krakow. The character of the village mirrors the meaning of its name: broad and well groomed slopes enable skiers and snowboarders alike to enjoy „small quiet“, as Male Chice translates to. Any wintersports enthusiast will find his inner peace at the quiet and relaxing resort Male Ciche.
The winter season usually starts in November and ends in March, depending on snow conditions. The easy slopes attract mainly beginners and families, but professionals are most welcome to enjoy a relaxing winterholiday at Male Chice as well.
The mountain railways provide two drag lifts and two chair lifts and ensure a fast and safe ascent to the trail of your choice. For beginners there are two conveyor belts, too.
- Offering 2 miles of slopes and terrain, Male Ciche is among the 3 largest Ski Resorts in Lesser Poland.
- Male Ciche is among the 3 best rated Ski Resorts in Lesser Poland.
- It is among the 3 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Poland.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 820 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Poland is 1106 ft. The ski resort takes you to an elevation of 2789 ft.
- Average snow depth during the season is 33 " at summit elevation and 25 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 35 " at summit elevation and 26 " at the base.
- Male Ciche features 14 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Poland is 11 sunny days. December is the sunniest month with an average of 8 sunny days.
Infrastructure & Rental
Male Ciche is located about 110 kilometres south of Krakow near the Slovakian border. From Krakow it goes via Myslenice and Rabka-Zdroj to Nowy Targ. Then take the DK47 in the direction of Zakopane. At Poronin you turn onto the DW961. After 3.5 kilometers you turn right towards Male Ciche. There is a large parking lot at the bottom station of the ski resort.