- Offering 393 acres of slopes and terrain, Lutsen Mountains is the largest ski resort in Minnesota.
- Lutsen Mountains is the the best rated ski resort in Minnesota.
- Season starts on Dec 14 and ends on Apr 14 (121 days). Average season duration in the USA is 111 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Dec 14 to Apr 14) is 44 " at summit elevation and 22 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 60 " at summit elevation and 30 " at the base.
- Lutsen Mountains features 53 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 53 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 16 sunny days.
The Ski Resort
With more than 400 acres spreading over 4 mountains and 92 runs Lutson has more to offer than any other Great Lakes ski resort. Its varied terrain will satisfy everyone no matter of which age or ability level. Lotus has something for everyone! Choose gentle cruisers, trails with natural bumps and steeps or deep powder snow. Whatever you prefer you will find it at the Lutsen Mountains.
Lutsen is the proud owner of Mid-America´s only gondola. Take a comfortable ride to the summit and enjoy breathtaking views. You´ll get fantastic view of Lake Superior from all 4 mountains.
Furthermore, Lutsen has a Terrain Park with a Half Pipe to offer. It is full of great features such as rails, boxes and tabletops. There is also a 4 km nordic Trails System around Ullr Mountain. Enjoy the great view of Lake Superior before gliding into the forest. If you´re looking for more varied Nordic trails this is no problem. There are over 200 km of trails available in the area! Yet, there are even more activities available: Try sledding, sleigh rides, snowshoeing or visit one of the spas to get some recreation time and enjoy a relaxing massage. Lutsen is also well endowed with on-mountain dining facilities. Burgers, salads, snacks, desserts and much more are awaiting you!