- Elevated between 750 m and 2,205 m, the Ski Resort is among the 5 highest elevated Ski Resorts in the Lucerne - Lake Lucerne Region. The vertical drop from summit to base is 1,455 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Switzerland is 892 m. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- The day pass at Lungern is CHF22 making it one of the 10 cheapest ski Resorts in Switzerland.
- Season starts on 23 Dec and ends on 2 Apr (265 days). Average season duration in Switzerland is 115 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (23 Dec to 2 Apr) is 115 cm at summit elevation and 9 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 145 cm at summit elevation and 3 cm at the base. Therefore Lungern is among the 5 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in the Lucerne - Lake Lucerne Region.
- Lungern features 10 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Switzerland is 10 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 6 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 3 sunniest in the Lucerne - Lake Lucerne Region.
The base station to the Panoramawelt is located between Lucerne and Interlaken and is easily attainable by car and train. The cable car from the base to Turren in the mid station holds 55 persons. From there you take a chair lift to the top of the mountain. NTC - The Ski and Rental Center and the 1st Swiss Toboggan Center at the Central Station Not only skiing or snowboarding ... even Schönbüel is at times with various trendy devices geflitzt down the runway. Comes closer to pure Schönbüel! 4.5 kilometers measures the distance and leads from Schönbüel down to Turren. The various types of sleds and a variety of trendy and fun equipment from the NTC, can be an option for one day for only CHF 20.00 arbitrarily tested and swapped
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Snowphone+41 (0)+43 41 679 01 11
Average snow depth of the last years (Summit)