The Ski Resort
Experience North Hampshire´s biggest skiing at Loon Mountain! The three peaks of Loon Mountain, North Peak, South Peak and Loon Peak, offer nothing less than 136 hectares of skiable terrain. Naturally, this means variety: whether you are just getting into skiing or you´re already an experienced skier or rider, Loon Mountain will not disappoint you. No matter what you prefer you will find it at Loon Mountain: steeps and bumps, long cruisers and classic New England trails or the Family Ski Zone for the little ones. The variety of the terrain combined with easy accessibility makes Loon Mountain very opoular amongst families and skiers and riders of all ability levels.
There are not 1,2 or 3 Terrain Parks at Loon Mountain but 6! They are stuffed with great features which differ in size so skiers and riders of all ability levels have fun. In addition, there is a Half Pipe and a Superpipe. Loon has been ranked under the Top 5 for Parks, Pipes and Overall Resort in the East by Transworld Magazine.
Moreover, Loon offers 20 km of groomed and tracked Cross-Country trails. There are trails for all levels of ability so everyone can enjoy gliding through the scenic New Hampshire winter landscape. If you feel the need for some instruction you can participate in a Cross-Country Workshop where experienced staff will show you the proper techniques. The Cross-Country trails are also open for snowshoeing.
The little ones may be happy to hear that there is also a snow tubing hill available. For your own saftey you must be 8 years or older to use the chairlift for snow tubing. However, there is also a Tot tubing area available for the younger ones.
- Offering 368 acres of slopes and terrain, Loon Mountain is among the 3 largest Ski Resorts in New Hampshire.
- Loon Mountain is among the 3 best rated Ski Resorts in New Hampshire.
- Elevated between 951 ft and 3051 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 5 highest elevated Ski Resorts in New Hampshire. The vertical drop from summit to base is 2100 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in the USA is 1188 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Season starts on Nov 15 and ends on Apr 19 (156 days). Average season duration in the USA is 117 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Nov 15 to Apr 19) is 8 " at summit elevation and 8 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 11 " at summit elevation and 11 " at the base. Therefore Loon Mountain is among the 5 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in New Hampshire.
- Loon Mountain features 63 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in the USA is 67 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 15 sunny days.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Loon Mountain is located about 85 miles north of Manchester, NH.