Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
Current protective measures and security advice at Leukerbad:
- Masks mandatory in all lifts and ski buses
- Visitor management in waiting areas (keep your distance)
- Masks mandatory at restaurants, ski rental and shops
- No Après Ski
- Daily disinfection measures
>> Read more about the Covid-19 guidelines on
- Offering 34 miles of slopes and terrain, Leukerbad is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in the Valais.
- Leukerbad is among the 10 best rated Ski Resorts in the Valais.
- It is among the 10 most family-friendly ski Resorts in the Valais.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 3934 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Switzerland is 2861 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long. The ski resort takes you to an elevation of 8563 ft.
- Average snow depth during the season is 65 " at summit elevation and 24 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 89 " at summit elevation and 30 " at the base.
- Leukerbad features 78 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Switzerland is 71 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 21 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 15 sunniest in Switzerland.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Snow Making Machines: 120
Snowphone+41 (0)27 4728110
Average snow depth of the last years (Summit)
Most Difficult Runs
Alter Stafel FIS
Length: 1.6 miles
Vertical Drop: 1640.4 ft
Length: 6.8 miles
Vertical Drop: 3933.7 ft
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Bars and Pubs: 33