The ski area - 1200-1840m - northern slope
41 km of slopes
84 km (thanks to the link with SuperBesse)
31 slopes: 16 green, 8 blue, 6 red, 1 black
15 ski lifts in total: 1 cable cars, 4 chair lifts, 2 of which have moving walkways to embark, 9 ski tows, including 1 free ski tow for beginners and 1 moving walkway
60% of the skiing area equipped with snow guns
1 free ski tow for beginners
1 ´couloir´ ski area: 20 ´couloirs´
1 speed-riding zone
1 ski adjustment workshop
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 640 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in France is 881 m. The ski resort takes you to an elevation of 1,840 m.
- It is known to be the most family-friendly ski resort in the Auvergne.
- Season starts on 3 Dec and ends on 9 Apr (127 days). Average season duration in France is 120 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (3 Dec to 9 Apr) is 58 cm at summit elevation and 44 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 110 cm at summit elevation and 77 cm at the base.
- Le Mont Dore features 62 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in France is 78 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 15 sunny days.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Snow Making Machines: 100
Average snow depth of the last years (Summit)