The ski area - 1200-1840m - northern slope
41 km of slopes
84 km (thanks to the link with SuperBesse)
31 slopes: 16 green, 8 blue, 6 red, 1 black
15 ski lifts in total: 1 cable cars, 4 chair lifts, 2 of which have moving walkways to embark, 9 ski tows, including 1 free ski tow for beginners and 1 moving walkway
60% of the skiing area equipped with snow guns
1 free ski tow for beginners
1 ´couloir´ ski area: 20 ´couloirs´
1 speed-riding zone
1 ski adjustment workshop
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 2100 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in France is 2848 ft. The ski resort takes you to an elevation of 6037 ft.
- It is known to be the most family-friendly ski resort in the Auvergne.
- Season starts on Dec 3 and ends on Apr 9 (127 days). Average season duration in France is 118 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Dec 3 to Apr 9) is 23 " at summit elevation and 17 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 43 " at summit elevation and 30 " at the base.
- Le Mont Dore features 44 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in France is 72 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 18 sunny days.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Snow Making Machines: 100
Average snow depth of the last years (Summit)