- It is among the 3 most family-friendly ski Resorts in the Auvergne.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 2100 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in France is 2638 ft. The ski resort takes you to an elevation of 6037 ft.
- Season starts on Dec 23 and ends on Mar 14 (82 days). Average season duration in France is 424 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Dec 23 to Mar 14) is 20 " at summit elevation and 14 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 40 " at summit elevation and 22 " at the base. Therefore Le Mont Dore is among the 3 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in the Auvergne.
- Le Mont Dore features 29 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in France is 42 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 14 sunny days.
The Ski Resort
The ski area - 1200-1840m - northern slope
41 km of slopes
84 km (thanks to the link with SuperBesse)
31 slopes: 16 green, 8 blue, 6 red, 1 black
15 ski lifts in total: 1 cable cars, 4 chair lifts, 2 of which have moving walkways to embark, 9 ski tows, including 1 free ski tow for beginners and 1 moving walkway
60% of the skiing area equipped with snow guns
1 free ski tow for beginners
1 ´couloir´ ski area: 20 ´couloirs´
1 speed-riding zone
1 ski adjustment workshop