- Offering 32 miles of slopes and terrain, Las Lenas is among the 3 largest Ski Resorts in Argentina.
- Las Lenas is among the 3 best rated Ski Resorts in Argentina.
- It is among the 5 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Argentina.
- Elevated between 7349 ft and 11253 ft, the Ski Resort is the highest elevated Ski Resorts in Argentina. The vertical drop from summit to base is 3904 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Argentina is 2694 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Season starts on Jun 29 and ends on Sep 15 (78 days). Average season duration in Argentina is 93 days.
- Snow coverage is usually best during July, offering an average snow depth of 30 " at summit elevation and 21 " at the base. This makes Las Lenas the ski resort with the best snow conditions in Argentina.
The Ski Resort
Being one of the largest Andean ski resorts in Argentina, Las Leñas is located in the western part of Mendoza Province. Las Leñas is well known for its powder and is popular with expert skiers, as it offers excellent extreme and off-piste skiing. Ranging from easy to extreme, the ski resort boasts a great diversity of runs.
At an altitude between 2,240 m and 3,430 m, the skiable terrain comprises 2.3 km2, which is about 1 square mile, with 49 runs and 15 ski lifts. 19 runs are designated greens (easiest), 17 are designated blue runs, 11 runs are suited to advanced skiers and only two are black diamond runs.
The ski resort is home to a ski and snowboard school for all levels and ages. Childcare is also provided. There are three mountain huts, all of them worth checking out: El Refugio, Parador Minerva, and Parador Neptuno. Down at the base station, there are Terrasse-Lounge, El Brasero, UFO Point and Restaurante La Terraza Del Hotel Escorpio. Speaking of hotels: There are six hotels in Las Leñas and five apartments.