- Offering 12 miles of slopes and terrain, Lackenhof Ötscher is the largest ski resort in Lower Austria.
- Lackenhof Ötscher is among the 3 best rated Ski Resorts in Lower Austria.
- It is known to be the most family-friendly ski resort in Lower Austria.
- Elevated between 2657 ft and 4715 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 10 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Lower Austria. The vertical drop from summit to base is 2057 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 2362 ft.
- Season starts on Dec 15 and ends on Mar 17 (92 days). Average season duration in Austria is 114 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Dec 15 to Mar 17) is 38 " at summit elevation and 29 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 43 " at summit elevation and 33 " at the base. Therefore Lackenhof Ötscher is among the 10 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Lower Austria.
- Lackenhof Ötscher features 30 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 39 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 17 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 10 sunniest in Lower Austria.
Ötscher Mountain Ski Area is a very popular family holiday destination.
This ski resort features excellent beginner terrains and the local ski schools offer great day care programmes. Bigger kids will enjoy the race course with time keeping, the cross trail or the snow park.
Sports enthusiasts have access to 9 very modern ski lifts and more than 19km of ski slopes. A top-of-the-line snowmaking system guarantees a high quality snow surface on the entire terrain of Kleine Ötscher (50ha).
Große Ötscher Piste: 847 - 1426 m, distance 2000 m
Demanding and steep run. A dream come true for skilled skiers.
Riffel Piste: 847 - 1426 m, distance 4800 m
Beautiful piste for intermediate skiers. Excellent view of Kleine Ötscher.
Distel Piste GS: 1060 - 1260 m, distance 700 m
FIS approved giant slalom race course.
Distel Piste SL: 850 - 1060 m, distance 1100 m
FIS approved slalom race course.
Kleine Ötscher Piste: 995 - 1480 m, distance 1560 m
“Landmark“ of the ski area. From Kleine Ötscher down to Eibenkogel.
Fuchswald: 850 - 1060 m, distance 1100 m
Beautiful, easy ski run from Fuchswald lift to Weitental.
Family Ski Run: 995 - 1480 m, distance 2.930 m
Very wide ski run. Perfect terrain for families, but also for expert carvers.
Eibenkogel Piste: 830 - 1000 m, distance 1050 m
Easy run from Eigenkogl to the chairlift. Ideal beginner terrain.
Kälberhalt: 860 - 895 m, distance 280 m
Nice, short run to the village centre – suitable for children to learn how to use the T-bar.
Lifts (9 total)
- 2 4-person chairlifts
- Ötscherbahn lift: dist. 999-1414 m
- Eibenkogel: dist. 812-1000 m
- 1 2-person chairlift
- Gr. Ötscher: dist. 847-1437 m
- 3 T-bar
- Fuchswald 1: dist. 851-1055 m
- Fuchswald 2: dist. 851 - 1055 m
- Kälberhalt: dist. 868-921 m
- 2 rope tows
- 1 magic carpet