- Elevated between 4757 ft and 11811 ft, the Ski Resort is the highest elevated Ski Resorts in France. The vertical drop from summit to base is 7054 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in France is 2848 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- La Grave is among the 10 best rated Ski Resorts in France.
- Season starts on Dec 22 and ends on Apr 28 (127 days). Average season duration in France is 118 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Dec 22 to Apr 28) is 68 " at summit elevation and 26 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 80 " at summit elevation and 34 " at the base. Therefore La Grave is among the 10 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in France.
- La Grave features 59 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in France is 58 sunny days. April is the sunniest month with an average of 18 sunny days.
The wild ski area La Grave is a must for every adventourous fan of skiing or snowboarding.
The immense possibilities of off piste skiing with unique views from heights above 2000m above sea level are only the beginning: steap and delicate descents challenge the sportsman to its best performance. Because of the danger of avalanches when off piste skiing, as well as hidden crevasses, you should always be on the lookout.
Next to some classic, groomed trails there are some breathtaking descents that you are well advised to try out with a professional guide.
Next to its sportive skiing experiences, La Grave offers also many other activities such as organised
The overall area of La Grave does indeed offer 2 easy slopes, however it is rather a destination for the daring who prefer the unbounded territory.
Famous for its legendary descents - one of the longest, lÓrciére de Droites, extends over 2400m - you will be able to enjoy the adventourous side of skiing in La Grave.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Snowphone+33 (0)4 76799005
Average snow depth of the last years (Summit)