- Elevated between 1,450 m and 3,600 m, the Ski Resort is the highest elevated Ski Resorts in France. The vertical drop from summit to base is 2,150 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in France is 867 m. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- La Grave is among the 10 best rated Ski Resorts in France.
- Season starts on 25 Dec and ends on 19 Apr (115 days). Average season duration in France is 120 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (25 Dec to 19 Apr) is 173 cm at summit elevation and 67 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 202 cm at summit elevation and 87 cm at the base. Therefore La Grave is among the 10 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in France.
- La Grave features 47 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in France is 47 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 13 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 5 sunniest in Rhône-Alpes.
The wild ski area La Grave is a must for every adventourous fan of skiing or snowboarding.
The immense possibilities of off piste skiing with unique views from heights above 2000m above sea level are only the beginning: steap and delicate descents challenge the sportsman to its best performance. Because of the danger of avalanches when off piste skiing, as well as hidden crevasses, you should always be on the lookout.
Next to some classic, groomed trails there are some breathtaking descents that you are well advised to try out with a professional guide.
Next to its sportive skiing experiences, La Grave offers also many other activities such as organised
The overall area of La Grave does indeed offer 2 easy slopes, however it is rather a destination for the daring who prefer the unbounded territory.
Famous for its legendary descents - one of the longest, lÓrciére de Droites, extends over 2400m - you will be able to enjoy the adventourous side of skiing in La Grave.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Snowphone+33 (0)4 76799005
Average snow depth of the last years (Summit)