- Elevated between 609 m and 2,100 m, the Ski Resort is the highest elevated Ski Resorts in Upper Austria. The vertical drop from summit to base is 1,491 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 734 m. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Krippenstein Obertraun is among the 5 best rated Ski Resorts in Upper Austria.
- Season starts on 23 Dec and ends on 2 Apr (100 days). Average season duration in Austria is 114 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (23 Dec to 2 Apr) is 158 cm at summit elevation and 30 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during January, offering an average snow depth of 149 cm at summit elevation and 56 cm at the base.
- Krippenstein Obertraun features 37 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 36 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 13 sunny days.
- Offering 14 km of slopes and terrain, Krippenstein Obertraun is the largest ski resort in Upper Austria.
The Ski Resort
Freesports Arena Krippenstein in Salzkammergut, Upper Austria has been selected by SnowPlanet magazine as the hot spot of the Freerider scene! And beyond the runs and cliff drops, the ‘Krippenstein’ wins people over with an exciting programme of outdoor events – far removed from the mainstream.
Open days are on the agenda in Freesports Arena Krippenstein and quite simply anything goes - skiing and boarding, on and off piste; snow-shoe hikes, freeride training and snow camps, ski tours, ice climbing, paragliding. Or what about some extreme sitting in the Alpine lodges!!??
NEW at Freesports Arena Dachstein Krippenstein
+ NEW: Panoramic mountain inn Dachstein Krippenstein
+ Signposted and groomed snowshoe trails to 5fingers, Heritage helix and Dachstein-shark
+ Member business of the Salzburg Super Ski Card
+ FREE WiFi Hotspots