The Ski Resort
Freesports Arena Krippenstein in Salzkammergut, Upper Austria has been selected by SnowPlanet magazine as the hot spot of the Freerider scene! And beyond the runs and cliff drops, the ‘Krippenstein’ wins people over with an exciting programme of outdoor events – far removed from the mainstream.
Open days are on the agenda in Freesports Arena Krippenstein and quite simply anything goes - skiing and boarding, on and off piste; snow-shoe hikes, freeride training and snow camps, ski tours, ice climbing, paragliding. Or what about some extreme sitting in the Alpine lodges!!??
NEW at Freesports Arena Dachstein Krippenstein
+ NEW: Panoramic mountain inn Dachstein Krippenstein
+ Signposted and groomed snowshoe trails to 5fingers, Heritage helix and Dachstein-shark
+ Member business of the Salzburg Super Ski Card
+ FREE WiFi Hotspots
- Offering 9 miles of slopes and terrain, Krippenstein Obertraun is the largest ski resort in Upper Austria.
- Krippenstein Obertraun is among the 5 best rated Ski Resorts in Upper Austria.
- Elevated between 1998 ft and 6890 ft, the Ski Resort is the highest elevated Ski Resorts in Upper Austria. The vertical drop from summit to base is 4892 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 2362 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Average snow depth during the season is 70 " at summit elevation and 13 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 73 " at summit elevation and 17 " at the base. Therefore Krippenstein Obertraun is among the 3 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Upper Austria.
- Krippenstein Obertraun features 46 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 50 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 22 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 10 sunniest in Upper Austria.