- Elevated between 609 m and 2,100 m, the ski resort is the highest elevated ski resorts in Upper Austria. The vertical drop from summit to base is 1,491 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of ski resorts in Austria is 742 m. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- Krippenstein Obertraun is among the 5 best rated ski resorts in Upper Austria.
- Season starts on 19 Dec and ends on 3 Apr (106 days). Average season duration in Austria is 114 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (19 Dec to 3 Apr) is 164 cm at summit elevation and 20 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 169 cm at summit elevation and 20 cm at the base. Therefore Krippenstein Obertraun is among the 3 ski resorts with best snow conditions in Upper Austria.
- Krippenstein Obertraun features 47 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski resorts in Austria is 45 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 15 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 1 sunniest in Upper Austria.
- Offering 14 km of slopes and terrain, Krippenstein Obertraun is among the 3 largest ski resorts in Upper Austria.
For 30km of the finest deep snow? For the 11km prepared ski run?
Freesports Arena Krippenstein in Salzkammergut, Upper Austria has been selected by SnowPlanet magazine as the hot spot of the Freerider scene! And beyond the runs and cliff drops, the ‘Krippenstein’ wins people over with an exciting programme of outdoor events – far removed from the mainstream.
Open days are on the agenda in Freesports Arena Krippenstein and quite simply anything goes - skiing and boarding, on and off piste; snow-shoe hikes, freeride training and snow camps, ski tours, ice climbing, paragliding. Or what about some extreme sitting in the Alpine lodges!!??
NEW at Freesports Arena Dachstein Krippenstein
+ NEW: Panoramic mountain inn Dachstein Krippenstein
+ Signposted and groomed snowshoe trails to 5fingers, Heritage helix and Dachstein-shark
+ Member business of the Salzburg Super Ski Card
+ FREE WiFi Hotspots
Tel: +43 50 140