Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Masks mandatory in all lifts and ski buses
- Visitor management in waiting areas (keep your distance)
- Restrictions on lift capacity
- Lift tickets available online
- Masks mandatory at restaurants, ski rental and shops
- No Après Ski
- Daily disinfection measures
The Ski Resort
Winter sports enthusiasts can explore the Hochkössen ski area, which comprises 22 kilometres of pistes, in the Kaiserwinkel. In one of the snowiest regions of Tyrol, ten kilometres of blue, nine kilometres of red and three kilometres of black marked pistes invite you to ski and snowboard.
Beginners can try out the first tests on the boards in the valley. In the Sunny Kids Park, the kids expect special practice lifts, lots of games and, above all, lots of fun. The Ski School Kössen helps young and old beginners to overcome the initial difficulties. If the beginners are sure to be on skis, you can discover slopes such as the family downhill run (No. 3) or the Horn downhill run (No. 1). For the youngest children, lunchtime supervision is possible.
Advanced skiers can explore various red marked slopes. The downhill slope (No. 2) or the Brandl run (No. 4) promise pure skiing pleasure, because here the skiers and snowboarders can enjoy the wonderful panorama particularly well. With a slalom and giant slalom slope, the Hochkössen ski area also offers ideal training and racing conditions for experts. Freeride fans will find a ski route.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 3773 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 2359 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long. The highest point of the track is 5741 ft above sea level.
- Average snow depth during the season is 34 " at summit elevation and 12 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during April, offering an average snow depth of 35 " at summit elevation and 13 " at the base.
- Kössen features 48 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 55 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 16 sunny days.