Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Masks mandatory in all lifts and ski buses
- Visitor management in waiting areas (keep your distance)
- Restrictions on lift capacity
- Masks mandatory at restaurants, ski rental and shops
- Daily disinfection measures
- Face covering required in lift lines
- Lift tickets are only sold online
The Ski Resort
Kicking Horse is one of the most beautiful skiing areas with the fourth highest drop in North America. It is famous for its beautiful powdery snow, a unique terrain mix and long downhill runs. The sheer beauty of this mountain makes Kicking Horse one of the most exceptional ski resorts in British Columbia with beautiful runs for skiiers and snowboarders of all ability levels. You can also opt for quality guidance through the untracked parts of the mountain and learn how to find your way around in this untouched terrain safely. The Big Mountain Center also offers an avalanche training and snow safety instructions, which makes this snow school an elite mountain education facility. The Learning Center offers courses for beginners, intermediates and professionals not only to learn skills but to confide in their skills. The accomodations vary widely from condos to hotelrooms or apartments and the on-mountain accomodations offer a fabulous variety of restaurants. All in all Kicking Horse Resort is a wonderful resort to spend time with the family.
- Offering 2800 acres of slopes and terrain, Kicking Horse Mountain Resort is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in Canada.
- Kicking Horse Mountain Resort is among the 10 best rated Ski Resorts in British Columbia.
- Elevated between 3904 ft and 8038 ft, the Ski Resort is among the 5 highest elevated Ski Resorts in Canada. The vertical drop from summit to base is 4134 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Canada is 1155 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long.
- During the season the average snow depth at Kicking Horse Mountain Resort is 73 ". Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average snow depth of 80 " at summit elevation and 0 " at the base. Therefore Kicking Horse Mountain Resort is among the 10 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Canada.
- Kicking Horse Mountain Resort features 45 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Canada is 37 sunny days. March is the sunniest month with an average of 18 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 5 sunniest in British Columbia.