The Ski Resort
Situated in the canton Bern close to the village Boltigen lies the Jaunpass, at a height of 1509m. The skiing area covers slopes of 21km length in total that are especially suited for beginners or well experienced sportsmen. Three different skilifts as well as 2 lifts for children contribute to the facilites of the ski station and guarantee a safe transport to your piste of choice.
The local skischool ensures a friendly and professional support and the furter wintersport activities around the Jaunpass complement your personal winter holiday. Whether it is the walking trails, cross-country tracks or the snowshoeing trails – exploring them enables you to experience the beautiful and peaceful nature of the Jaunpass.
Another note could be of interest to fans of camping as a nearby camping site offers them a cozy place to stay.
- It is among the 10 most family-friendly ski Resorts in the Bernese Oberland.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 928 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Switzerland is 2851 ft. Runs and slopes are therefore relatively short. The high point of the ski resort is located at an elevation of 5522 ft.
- The day pass at Jaunpass is CHF34 making it one of the 5 cheapest ski Resorts in the Bernese Oberland.
- Average snow depth during the season is 20 " at summit elevation and 7 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 22 " at summit elevation and 7 " at the base.
- Jaunpass features 31 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Switzerland is 30 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 16 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 10 sunniest in the Bernese Oberland.