- It is among the 5 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Lower Austria.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 430 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 2356 ft. Runs and slopes are therefore relatively short. The ski resort takes you to an elevation of 3136 ft.
- Season starts on Dec 22 and ends on Mar 24 (92 days). Average season duration in Austria is 179 days.
- The day pass at Jauerling is €19.10 making it one of the 10 cheapest ski Resorts in Lower Austria.
- Average snow depth during the season (Dec 22 to Mar 24) is 22 " at summit elevation and 15 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during January, offering an average snow depth of 24 " at summit elevation and 19 " at the base.
- Jauerling features 40 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 47 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 13 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 10 sunniest in Austria.
The Ski Resort
The ski resort Jauerling is located in the middle of Lower Austria. From Krems or St. Pölten it takes less than 45 minutes to reach the slopes in the Waldviertel.
The slope - called Iriswiese - is 500 meters long and about 50 to 60 meters wide. With an average slope gradient of 18%, the piste is easy to master, even for inexperienced skiers. A drag lift transports the winter sports enthusiasts to the 946 metre high Jauerling.
There are also two ski schools on site. A trip to the Jauerling is especially worthwhile for families. The slope is manageable and the little ones can enjoy the kids skipark JAUliland. It was upsized and redesigned in 2011. The 30 metre long magic carpet brings the little ones up the practice slope without difficulty.
Those in need for a break will find a ski hut with a panoramic terrace and the modern S-Bar at the base station. Free W-LAN is available in the entire catering area.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
After nightfall the skiing pleasure at the Jauerling continues. From Wednesday to Saturday the slope is brightly lit from 18.30 - 21.30 hrs. During the holidays you can even go night skiing every day.
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Dining and Restaurants
Infrastructure & Rental
The ski area can be reached in just over an hour from Vienna via the A1. After the Melk exit, follow Melker Straße and then L7145 and L7133 to Wiesmannsreith.
By public transport:
The nearest railway station is in Melk. From there the bus no. 1446 takes you to Oberndorf am Jauerling or Wiesmannsreith.