Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Visitor management in waiting areas (keep your distance)
- Lift tickets available online
- Masks mandatory at restaurants, ski rental and shops
- Daily disinfection measures
- Face covering required in lift lines
- Face covering required while loading and riding on chairlifts/magic carpets
The Ski Resort
Horseshoe Resort is located in a natural snow belt, just 15 minutes north of Barrie, and is surrounded by the fascinating landscape of the Copeland Forest. Feel the Rush with 28 ski runs (20 of which are open for night skiing), 304 feet of vertical rise, 5 lifts, Ontario’s longest beginner’s carpet and a new Terrain Park (2016-17). Horseshoe will deliver all the excitement you can handle! While you’re here, why not try cross country skiing. With 30kms of double track set machine groomed trails, Horseshoe offers some of the best cross country skiing in Canada. The newly expanded tube park (2017-18) now features the longest snow tubing hill in Ontario and has a magic carpet to whisk you back up to the top! You can also strap on some snowshoes or jump on a fat bike and explore in the beauty of the Copeland Forest. Enjoy delicious dining options and pamper yourself in the full service Amba Spa. Ideal for fun-filled family vacations, year-round getaways and meetings.
- Offering 62 acres of slopes and terrain, Horseshoe Resort is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in Ontario.
- Horseshoe Resort is among the 10 best rated Ski Resorts in Ontario.
- Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average base depth of 40 ". Therefore Horseshoe Resort is among the 3 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Ontario.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Fly down our snow tubing hill, hop on a fat bike, lace up your skates and go for a spin on our slopeside skating rink or strap on some snowshoes or cross country skis and explore in the beauty of the Copeland Forest.
Dining and Restaurants
Horseshoe Resort has an eclectic offering of dining options to satisfy your taste. From the finger licking fare of Crazy Horse Sports Bar & Grill, to the mouthwatering culinary experience at Eleven01 Taphouse + Kitchen, we’ve got you covered!
Alpine Cafeteria and Shoe Brew Cafe open seasonally.