- Offering 57 acres of slopes and terrain, Horseshoe Resort is among the 10 largest Ski Resorts in Ontario.
- Horseshoe Resort is among the 10 best rated Ski Resorts in Ontario.
- Season starts on Dec 15 and ends on Mar 24 (99 days). Average season duration in Canada is 160 days.
- During the season (from Dec 15 till Mar 24) the average snow depth at Horseshoe Resort is 26 ". Snow coverage is usually best during March, offering an average base depth of 35 ". Therefore Horseshoe Resort is among the 3 ski Resorts with best snow conditions in Ontario.
- Horseshoe Resort features 7 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Canada is 6 sunny days. December is the sunniest month with an average of 7 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 10 sunniest in Ontario.
- Snow Tubing Expansion
- Million Dollar Investment in Snowmaking Improvements
The Ski Resort
Horseshoe Resort is located in a natural snow belt, just 15 minutes north of Barrie, and is surrounded by the fascinating landscape of the Copeland Forest. Feel the Rush with 28 ski runs (20 of which are open for night skiing), 304 feet of vertical rise, 5 lifts, Ontario’s longest beginner’s carpet and a new Terrain Park (2016-17). Horseshoe will deliver all the excitement you can handle! While you’re here, why not try cross country skiing. With 30kms of double track set machine groomed trails, Horseshoe offers some of the best cross country skiing in Canada. The newly expanded tube park (2017-18) now features the longest snow tubing hill in Ontario and has a magic carpet to whisk you back up to the top! You can also strap on some snowshoes or jump on a fat bike and explore in the beauty of the Copeland Forest. Enjoy delicious dining options and pamper yourself in the full service Amba Spa. Ideal for fun-filled family vacations, year-round getaways and meetings.