The Ski Resort
On the outskirts of Höchenschwand in the southern Hochschwarzwald there is a rope lift which is ideal for beginners and children. The approximately 300 metre long practice area has a low gradient and thus offers the best conditions for getting started in skiing. The ski area lies at an altitude between 970 and 995 metres and is open from mid-December to mid-March, depending on snow conditions.
- It is among the 10 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Baden-Württemberg.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 82 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Germany is 702 ft. Runs and slopes are therefore relatively short. The ski resort takes you to an elevation of 3264 ft.
- The day pass at Höchenschwand is €2 making it the cheapest ski resort in Germany.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
On Mountain Dining
Visitors to Höchenschwand have a choice of six restaurants to stop off at. The closest is the "Hacho-Stube" in the guest's house. There is a daily changing lunch menu and a cake buffet. Gourmets can spoil themselves with culinary delights in the restaurant "Hubertusstuben". The Gasthaus Georgsklause also invites you to stop for a bite to eat with regional dishes. In the village smithy there are not only Black Forest specialities, but also cakes from our own confectionery.
- Directly next to the slope there is a 250 meter long toboggan run. Sledges can be rented directly at the ski lift or at the tourist information in Höchenschwand.
- Easily accessible hiking trails invite you to discover the Black Forest and open up views as far as the Alps.
- For cross-country skiing fans there are six cross-country trails with different degrees of difficulty and lengths available around Höchenschwand.
Coming from Freiburg take the B31 to Titisee. There, one changes to the B500, passes the Schluchsee and finally reaches Höchenschwand after a good hour. Parking spaces are available at the "Haus des Gastes". From there you reach the ski lift through the underpass.