- It is among the 10 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Grisons.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 2523 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Switzerland is 2861 ft. The high point of the ski resort is located at an elevation of 7493 ft.
- Season starts on Dec 21 and ends on Mar 13 (83 days). Average season duration in Switzerland is 142 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Dec 21 to Mar 13) is 47 " at summit elevation and 32 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 57 " at summit elevation and 37 " at the base.
- Hochwang features 46 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Switzerland is 42 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 21 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 3 sunniest in Grisons.
The Ski Resort
The ski resort Hochwang which is located between Chur and Arosa is 20 km long and captivates with it´s natural snow. The slope fits both beginners and experts since all kinds of slopes between blue and black are available.
Three surface lifts and one chair lift carry you upside the hill. The service is completed through free shuttle bus service, a ski rental and service. Furthermore the ski school offers courses for all levels of skier.