Coronavirus / Covid-19 Measures
- Masks mandatory in all lifts and ski buses
- Visitor management in waiting areas (keep your distance)
- Masks mandatory at restaurants, ski rental and shops
- No Après Ski
- Daily disinfection measures
The Ski Resort
In the ski area Hochlecken in Salzkammergut there is something for all demands. The small but fine ski area between lake Traunsee and lake Attersee is perfect for beginners as well as advanced skiers. While the kids take their first turns in the kids area and at the baby lift, advanced skiers enjoy a well-groomed choice of slopes. A small funpark also provides variety. From Wednesday to Saturday the slopes are illuminated from 17 to 21 o'clock with LED floodlights for night skiing.
The ski school offers group and private lessons for beginners, but also for those who want to perfect their turns. The Skiliftstüberl invites you to take a break. Here you can strengthen yourself in a cosy atmosphere with fresh food and hot drinks for the rest of your skiing day.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 984 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 2359 ft. Runs and slopes are therefore relatively short. The ski resort takes you to an elevation of 3773 ft.
- The day pass at Hochlecken is €18 making it one of the 3 cheapest ski Resorts in Upper Austria.
- Average snow depth during the season is 25 " at summit elevation and 17 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 31 " at summit elevation and 22 " at the base.
- Hochlecken features 25 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 22 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 12 sunny days.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Dining and Restaurants
Infrastructure & Rental
From Salzburg take the A1 to Mondsee. Follow the B151 to Mühlleiten and then the B152 along lake Attersee to Steinbach. Here you turn right onto the Grossalm road, which leads via Krienklause to the Hochlecken ski area.