- The vertical drop from summit to base is 984 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 2356 ft. Runs and slopes are therefore relatively short. The ski resort takes you to an elevation of 3773 ft.
- Season starts on Dec 21 and ends on Mar 15 (85 days). Average season duration in Austria is 112 days.
- The day pass at Hochlecken is €18 making it one of the 5 cheapest ski Resorts in Upper Austria.
- Average snow depth during the season (Dec 21 to Mar 15) is 62 " at summit elevation and 38 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during January, offering an average snow depth of 75 " at summit elevation and 54 " at the base.
- Hochlecken features 30 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 36 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 18 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 3 sunniest in Upper Austria.
The Ski Resort
In the ski area Hochlecken in Salzkammergut there is something for all demands. The small but fine ski area between lake Traunsee and lake Attersee is perfect for beginners as well as advanced skiers. While the kids take their first turns in the kids area and at the baby lift, advanced skiers enjoy a well-groomed choice of slopes. A small funpark also provides variety. From Wednesday to Saturday the slopes are illuminated from 17 to 21 o'clock with LED floodlights for night skiing.
The ski school offers group and private lessons for beginners, but also for those who want to perfect their turns. The Skiliftstüberl invites you to take a break. Here you can strengthen yourself in a cosy atmosphere with fresh food and hot drinks for the rest of your skiing day.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Dining and Restaurants
Infrastructure & Rental
From Salzburg take the A1 to Mondsee. Follow the B151 to Mühlleiten and then the B152 along lake Attersee to Steinbach. Here you turn right onto the Grossalm road, which leads via Krienklause to the Hochlecken ski area.