- The vertical drop from summit to base is 1,000 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 730 m. Most runs are therefore relatively long. The high point of the ski resort is located at an elevation of 1,900 m.
- Hochkönig is among the 5 best rated Ski Resorts in Salzburg.
- It is among the 10 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Austria.
- Season starts on 1 Dec and ends on 22 Apr (142 days). Average season duration in Austria is 113 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (1 Dec to 22 Apr) is 116 cm at summit elevation and 62 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during January, offering an average snow depth of 142 cm at summit elevation and 88 cm at the base.
- Hochkönig features 62 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 59 sunny days. April is the sunniest month with an average of 19 sunny days.
- Offering 112 km of slopes and terrain, Hochkönig is among the 3 largest Ski Resorts in Salzburg.
Look forward to fairy-tail ski slopes, a traditional character and relaxed atmosphere for leisurely skiing between the ski areas of Maria Alm, Dienten und Hochkönig against the backdrop of the majestic Hochkoenig.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Snow Making Machines: 517
Snowphone+43 (0)6584 20388
Average snow depth of the last years (Summit)
Most Difficult Runs
Hochmais Nr. 31
Length: 1 km
Vertical Drop: 300 m
Sunnhütte-Mühlbach Nr. 4 und 1a
Length: 9 km
Vertical Drop: 830 m
Number toboggan runs: 5
Toboggan run lighted
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Bars and Pubs: 33
Dining and Restaurants