- The vertical drop from summit to base is 1,000 m. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 721 m. Most runs are therefore relatively long. The high point of the ski resort is located at an elevation of 1,900 m.
- Hochkönig is among the 10 best rated Ski Resorts in Salzburg.
- It is among the 10 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Salzburg.
- Season starts on 2 Dec and ends on 8 Apr (127 days). Average season duration in Austria is 115 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (2 Dec to 8 Apr) is 114 cm at summit elevation and 59 cm at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 139 cm at summit elevation and 76 cm at the base.
- Hochkönig features 72 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 73 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 18 sunny days. This makes the ski resort one of the 5 sunniest in Salzburg.
- Offering 112 km of slopes and terrain, Hochkönig is among the 15 largest Ski Resorts in Austria.
Look forward to fairy-tail ski slopes, a traditional character and relaxed atmosphere for leisurely skiing between the ski areas of Maria Alm, Dienten und Hochkönig against the backdrop of the majestic Hochkoenig.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Snow Making Machines: 517
Snowphone+43 (0)6584 20388
Average snow depth of the last years (Summit)
Most Difficult Runs
Hochmais Nr. 31
Length: 1 km
Vertical Drop: 300 m
Sunnhütte-Mühlbach Nr. 4 und 1a
Length: 9 km
Vertical Drop: 830 m
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Bars and Pubs: 33
Dining and Restaurants
Infrastructure & Rental
Cross Country Lessons
Cross Country Ski Rental
Backcountry Ski Rental
Ski Rental Shops
Ski Rentals Hochkönig (9)