- Offering 70 miles of slopes and terrain, Hochkönig is among the 3 largest Ski Resorts in Salzburg.
- Hochkönig is among the 5 best rated Ski Resorts in Salzburg.
- It is among the 10 most family-friendly ski Resorts in Austria.
- The vertical drop from summit to base is 3281 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 2388 ft. Most runs are therefore relatively long. The high point of the ski resort is located at an elevation of 6234 ft.
- Season starts on Dec 5 and ends on Apr 20 (137 days). Average season duration in Austria is 111 days.
- Average snow depth during the season (Dec 5 to Apr 20) is 54 " at summit elevation and 29 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 66 " at summit elevation and 39 " at the base.
- Hochkönig features 56 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 60 sunny days. February is the sunniest month with an average of 21 sunny days.
Look forward to fairy-tail ski slopes, a traditional character and relaxed atmosphere for leisurely skiing between the ski areas of Maria Alm, Dienten und Hochkönig against the backdrop of the majestic Hochkoenig.
Snow Safety & Snowmaking
Snow Making Machines: 517
Snowphone+43 (0)6584 20388
Average snow depth of the last years (Summit)
Most Difficult Runs
Hochmais Nr. 31
Length: 0.6 miles
Vertical Drop: 984.3 ft
Sunnhütte-Mühlbach Nr. 4 und 1a
Length: 5.6 miles
Vertical Drop: 2723.1 ft
Number toboggan runs: 5
Toboggan run lighted
Après-Ski and Nightlife
Bars and Pubs: 33
Dining and Restaurants
Infrastructure & Rental
Affiliate Ski SchoolsOffered Skiing Lessons Hochkönig
Ski Rentals Hochkönig (9)