- The vertical drop from summit to base is 1969 ft. The average difference in altitude between base and summit of Ski Resorts in Austria is 2356 ft. The highest point of the track is 5249 ft above sea level.
- Season starts on Dec 14 and ends on Mar 15 (92 days). Average season duration in Austria is 180 days.
- The day pass at Heutal Lift near Unken is €28 making it one of the 5 cheapest ski Resorts in Salzburg.
- Average snow depth during the season (Dec 14 to Mar 15) is 69 " at summit elevation and 43 " at base elevation. Snow coverage is usually best during February, offering an average snow depth of 83 " at summit elevation and 52 " at the base.
- Heutal Lift near Unken features 35 sunny days on average per season. The average for all ski Resorts in Austria is 42 sunny days. January is the sunniest month with an average of 15 sunny days.
The Ski Resort
The Unken Heutal ski area belongs to the Saalachtal region in the Salzburger Land. The slopes are marked exclusively in blue and red and are suitable for beginners and re-starters as well as for experienced skiers and snowboarders. Three T-bar lifts and a rope lift are responsible for transporting guests.
The youngest ski beginners try the kids lift, which is located at the parking lot. Beginners, who are already confident of a longer distance, take the Wildalmlift 1 and try a blue marked downhill run, which leads back to the valley station.
Experienced skiers use the Wildalm lifts I, II and III to reach the highest point of the ski area. Downhill now on red marked slopes, the last section along the Wildalm lift 1 is marked blue.